Anyone for my M22 ?

The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

FLYNOTE
Flying low - mind the power lines

Re: Anyone for my M22 ?

Postby FLYNOTE » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:27 pm

My baby ... she's still sitting under her covers cause her boss ain't wanna let her go for one cent under R510 000 plus vat. Had many offers around R500 000 but I know I am going to kick myself later if I do this thing now! Will wait till the Rand goes back to R11.50 + and then move my price up accordingly but no hell guys ... this 22 is one helluva machine. It has all the bells and whistles you can think of. If you had to buy a new one and add it all as I have listed above you are in for a pretty penny.
I flew her on Tuesday again and then decided I am not going to let her go for under my price. This is a great gyro and with the custom trailer thrown in the new owner will have a deal second to none. "Going going ... noggie gegaan nie !
If anyone has any ferrying to do down to cape Town I will fly along with the Xenon for company and to see "the falcon" safely to her new home and owner.
Ok ... I will let her go for R250 000 !!! ( deposit and the rest within 8 hours) grappie.
FLYNOTE

Postby FLYNOTE » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:37 pm

Sorry , forgot the cell no. 071 604 5785. Thanks for the lead John. If the gyro goes , you win the prize ; a free burial at sea with the woman of your choice !
Appreciate your interest. Will take you for a flip in the Xenon ! better prize !! Have a good weekend. I'm flying tomorrow and then off to Langebaan to sail to Cape Town for a week. Not an easy life this one.
Jabbanaught
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Jabbanaught » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:25 am

FLYNOTE wrote:Sorry , forgot the cell no. 071 604 5785. Thanks for the lead John. If the gyro goes , you win the prize ; a free burial at sea with the woman of your choice !
Appreciate your interest. Will take you for a flip in the Xenon ! better prize !! Have a good weekend. I'm flying tomorrow and then off to Langebaan to sail to Cape Town for a week. Not an easy life this one.
Come visit us at FASH while here !!!!!!!!!!
Autogyro - Calidus ZU- ???
Magni M22 - ZU EGA
johnht
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby johnht » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:23 pm

Hi Johan

I will be happy to dispense with part of the prize, viz 'the burial at sea' - I'll settle for the other bit!! Or perhaps I'll have to just be content with the flip in the Xenon!!

The fact that you lead such a hard life makes obeying the command 'not coveting thy neighbour's ... ' very difficult.

Enjoy!!

John
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:46 pm

All these John's claiming the prize when it was MY lead demmit... my student buying Johan's machine on my advice.
pfffft skelm bliksems.

Anyway, spoke to him today when he came to the flight-school and he and Johan are meeting here in the fairest Cape to finalise the deal so it seems that lovely M22 will have a new home at Morningstar afterall.

Viva!

Len
Jabbanaught
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Jabbanaught » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:03 pm

JetRanger wrote:All these John's claiming the prize when it was MY lead demmit... my student buying Johan's machine on my advice.
pfffft skelm bliksems.

Anyway, spoke to him today when he came to the flight-school and he and Johan are meeting here in the fairest Cape to finalise the deal so it seems that lovely M22 will have a new home at Morningstar afterall.

Viva!

Len
I will go fetch her , Pick me , pick me vhpy vhpy vhpy
Magni M22 - ZU EGA
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Jabi430 (Paul)

It comes with a stunning trailer, doesn't have dual controls so the time can't be used for dual hours. He is going to fetch it and trailer it down sadly... but nevermind, we will be doing it soon enough again and your name is top of the list.

... although you have done it already! Time you start thinking of going with us on our next long fly-away.

Rgds

Len
Jabbanaught
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Jabbanaught » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:44 am

JetRanger wrote:Jabi430 (Paul)

It comes with a stunning trailer, doesn't have dual controls so the time can't be used for dual hours. He is going to fetch it and trailer it down sadly... but nevermind, we will be doing it soon enough again and your name is top of the list.

... although you have done it already! Time you start thinking of going with us on our next long fly-away.

Rgds

Len

Looking forward to something like that , We should discuss and plan !!
Magni M22 - ZU EGA
FLYNOTE

Postby FLYNOTE » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:21 pm

Hey guys ... Len Len your'e the man , if you can't do it,no one can !!
Thanks for putting your man on my case. I owe you one . Two things make me happy. I know your guy is getting a great machine and that he is being trained by the best ... so all in all ... daar gaat my masjientjie and all is well. Now I just must not start wanting the thrill of open cockpit flying again and try and buy her back ! No, I think with the Highveld winter just starting to edge in during the early mornings ... there really is a nip in the air lately ... I think that turning on the heater in the Xenon is going to bring back that nice fuzzy, cozy , warm , cuddly feeling inside the cockpit.
Len, once your man is comfortable in the saddle , I need to show him a few tricks on my 22 ( his 22 ).
I have turned the trim switch 90 degrees ! "WHY "???? you all shout in unison ! ... just try it for fun and see the difference between moving your thumb from side to side ( left to right ) on the switch ! Its a much more comfortable action. Small thing you may say , but for me it works so lekka ! You know what ? I bet all of you buggers are now sitting moving your thumbs up and down and side to side to figure out what the hell I'm talking about !!
Then theres the pneumatic pre rotator which is such a joy because my old pre rotator lever is now my brake and my throttle therefor has no brake attached. http://sagpa.co.za/sagpa/content/view/36/53/ check it out. Mod approved by CAA.
The stick grip houses your 'on switch' for the pre rotator and the release button ( a red light on the panel indicates when your pre rotaor is engaged , It also houses the toggle switch , the ptt , nav lights and strobes.
I was a bit tied up at the RCYC last week and could go nowhere but I very badly want to meet all you guys down there. At Vredendal I was not registering anything or anyone and only much later I figured out whos lovely sicamore was parked near my Xenon.We must organise a North /South fly in and get together. Lets not just talk ! Lets do ! I'll organise if you want to !
The sailing was FANTASTIC ! On Saturday I will be flying my Xenon again and thats even MORE FANTASTIC ... mind you , I may have to first take the 22 for walkies in the circuit to keep her in good nick for her new owner.
Thanks for all the interest from all you guys. Great to be a part of such a wonderfull fraternity.
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:45 am

Thanks for the fantastic compliments Johan. Fact is that it's a great machine and Pat can consider himself fortunate to be the proud new owner. His training is progressing well and I know we will all be proud to receive him into the fraternity soon.

As for Vredendal, yes, I too saw your beautiful Xenon there but didn't have the courage to come and talk to you considering your terrible loss. I cannot say I understand how you must have felt but I can empathise since I too lost a good - no great friend and mentor in a horrible accident in 2006. Sean Klopper. Dedicated Gyronaut. RIP.

Next time hopefully will be happier circumstances & all I want in exchange for helping you is a short ride in your stunning Xenon one day please.

I'll speak to Braam about an instructors conversion too since I think we will see more of these Rolls-Royces around soon.

Safe flying!

[From a crisp white palm-lined beach in Zanzibar.]
;-) :-p
Jabbanaught
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Jabbanaught » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:16 pm

FLYNOTE wrote:Hey guys ... Len Len your'e the man , if you can't do it,no one can !!
Thanks for putting your man on my case. I owe you one . Two things make me happy. I know your guy is getting a great machine and that he is being trained by the best ... so all in all ... daar gaat my masjientjie and all is well. Now I just must not start wanting the thrill of open cockpit flying again and try and buy her back ! No, I think with the Highveld winter just starting to edge in during the early mornings ... there really is a nip in the air lately ... I think that turning on the heater in the Xenon is going to bring back that nice fuzzy, cozy , warm , cuddly feeling inside the cockpit.
Len, once your man is comfortable in the saddle , I need to show him a few tricks on my 22 ( his 22 ).
I have turned the trim switch 90 degrees ! "WHY "???? you all shout in unison ! ... just try it for fun and see the difference between moving your thumb from side to side ( left to right ) on the switch ! Its a much more comfortable action. Small thing you may say , but for me it works so lekka ! You know what ? I bet all of you buggers are now sitting moving your thumbs up and down and side to side to figure out what the hell I'm talking about !!
Then theres the pneumatic pre rotator which is such a joy because my old pre rotator lever is now my brake and my throttle therefor has no brake attached. http://sagpa.co.za/sagpa/content/view/36/53/ check it out. Mod approved by CAA.
The stick grip houses your 'on switch' for the pre rotator and the release button ( a red light on the panel indicates when your pre rotaor is engaged , It also houses the toggle switch , the ptt , nav lights and strobes.
I was a bit tied up at the RCYC last week and could go nowhere but I very badly want to meet all you guys down there. At Vredendal I was not registering anything or anyone and only much later I figured out whos lovely sicamore was parked near my Xenon.We must organise a North /South fly in and get together. Lets not just talk ! Lets do ! I'll organise if you want to !
The sailing was FANTASTIC ! On Saturday I will be flying my Xenon again and thats even MORE FANTASTIC ... mind you , I may have to first take the 22 for walkies in the circuit to keep her in good nick for her new owner.
Thanks for all the interest from all you guys. Great to be a part of such a wonderfull fraternity.
Johan more or less what did the pneumatic pre rotator cost ?

Thanks

Paul
Magni M22 - ZU EGA
THI
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby THI » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:13 pm

JetRanger wrote:[From a crisp white palm-lined beach in Zanzibar.]
;-) :-p

HARD TIMES!!! ^
Thinus Enslin
Potchefstroom (FAPS)
ZU-CML
Sycamore MK1 - Hilux of the gyros
Would love a RV10 though...
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:05 pm

THI wrote: HARD TIMES!!! ^
You're telling me! :-) :-)
I am SO spoilt! My stunning wife decided to drag me here under protest for Valentines day!
What can I say... Life is good... AND I get to fly Gyro's on top of it all.
I truly am blessed. ^*^^ ^*^^
FLYNOTE

Postby FLYNOTE » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:04 pm

Hey Len you deserve the valentine break ... whats todays date ? When was valentines day ?? You still over there ??? Kan jy nog loop swaerie ?!!
Paul , I'm not sure what it costs now but it was an extremely worthwhile excercise . It really is a fantastic mod. Chat to Johannes who designed , built and installed it. He is a mechanical engineer at Pellindaba neuclear and a gyro freak but still an armgat who cannot buy his own gyro ! ( grappie Johannes want ek weet jy lees die goed !! ) The involved and detailed drawings he had to submit to CAA is something to see !
No, with his skills he is bound to design, build and fly his own gyro soon... he is the type ! His cell is 082 452 9813
Thinus, jy blaf ook net elke nou en dan daar vanuit Mooreesburg. Whats happening in your life and your flying ?
Jabbanaught
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Jabbanaught » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:08 pm

FLYNOTE wrote:Hey Len you deserve the valentine break ... whats todays date ? When was valentines day ?? You still over there ??? Kan jy nog loop swaerie ?!!
Paul , I'm not sure what it costs now but it was an extremely worthwhile excercise . It really is a fantastic mod. Chat to Johannes who designed , built and installed it. He is a mechanical engineer at Pellindaba neuclear and a gyro freak but still an armgat who cannot buy his own gyro ! ( grappie Johannes want ek weet jy lees die goed !! ) The involved and detailed drawings he had to submit to CAA is something to see !
No, with his skills he is bound to design, build and fly his own gyro soon... he is the type ! His cell is 082 452 9813
Thinus, jy blaf ook net elke nou en dan daar vanuit Mooreesburg. Whats happening in your life and your flying ?

Dankie Jahan , Sal hom n luitjie gee.

Ja terwyl ons ander werk le sy hoogheid op die strand in Zanzibar of is dit nou net die bar !!!

Hey Johan jy moet rerig plan maak om te kom kuier as jy in ons geweste is !!

Groete
Magni M22 - ZU EGA