Karoo fly-in fractional ownership R11000

Fly-in destinations and airfield information - also use this forum to make contact with people in other areas
crazeeflya
Signed up at flight school

Karoo fly-in fractional ownership R11000

Postby crazeeflya » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:52 am

This is a for sale and destination topic.

Secure 1000X30 farm strip with tie-down facilities and car (if sufficient interest) 4 km away

The house is situated in murraysburg, 89 km form Graaf Reinet and 42 Km off the N1(Victoria West/ Graafreinet crossroad 600km ex Cape town).
Activities available include 4x4/quad trails, hunting (kudu etc - safari company in town), hiking trails, game reserves down the road, beautiful Karoo sunsets and mindblowing starry skies, not to mention peaceful silence to rebuild the frazzled psyche.

The cost as above includes restoration and furnishing detailed below.

The house is presently in need restoration and I have planned to spend R200 000 on this, including the building of a patio/braai area at the back and a Wall/palisade boundary. My brother is a contractor who has done a lot of restoration work and is engaged to a girl in Murraysburg so very keen to work there on this project. In addition to the restoration a budget of R150k is put aside for furnishings.

Restoration will include refinishing of roof, replastering of weathered walls outside, knocking down and replacincg stoep/verandah railings with original style fittings, sanding and varnishing all floors, re-doing the plumbing as necessary (electrics done new last year) and refitting the bathroom/s and kitchen as well as the obvious painting in and out. In case you're worried, labour is really cheap in the Karoo!

The point of this project is not to generate huge profit, but have a sustainable port of call/breakaway venue at a very affordable cost - hell, R11k is a week or less in Cape town once off! - this is annually for ever!

The registering of the title in a company protects all shareholders from the personal estates of each other and selling of shares is as easy as signing a CM42 form and about R150 to update CIPRO.

I am going to sell almost all 52 shares before rolling with this project, I will retain one or two for myself/family, so I would need to get some sort of commitment/ letter of intent from each potential shareholder before I ask everyone to part with their hard-earned cash - rather than taking money and then having to refund should it not sell completely.

I forsee 2 - 3 months of marketing to sell everything and then approx 4 mths restoration.

Allocation of weeks works on a draw and then we will rotate quarters of the year so that everyone gets a really sweet spot now and then. This is where frac ownership differs from timeshare where the "hot" weeks are marked at a rediculous premium and the normal stuff is just plain expensive.

Levies will be kept at the bare minimum to sustain a good standard of maintenance and upkeep - about R80.00 pm initial . Levies include provision for insurance, rates and water in addition to the above. Monthly stop-orders will have to be arranged, or annual eft payment less a time-value discount will apply.

pm me with personal address to receive pics

Craig 083 441 8490