Breakfast Fly-In Destiniations - Pretoria?

Fly-in destinations and airfield information - also use this forum to make contact with people in other areas
pietmeyer
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Breakfast Fly-In Destiniations - Pretoria?

Postby pietmeyer » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:39 am

Hi All

I was just wondering. Any suggestions of places where we can fly for Breakfasts fly-in on weekends. I am in the Pretoria area and still new in the flying game but was just wondering where we can go for a nice breakfast on a Saturday or Sunday morning and then fly back. Any suggestions?

Maybe everybody can list the place they fly to in mornings so all the newbies can see what is happening.

Thanks
Piet Meyer
Jabi J400 ZU-DUU (Wonderboom)
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Re: Breakfast Fly-In Destiniations - Pretoria?

Postby Morph » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:49 pm

Aeroden, Rhino park are two I can think of
Greg Perkins
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Dish » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:27 pm

Hello

Rhino Park.... Great Vibe, wonderful okes and a good breakfast. normally very busy on a saturday morning... Aeroden, east of aviators paradise, beautiful spot, good breakfasts and good people, athough unless prior arranged, can sometimes be a little quiet. Otherwise head east, Rustenburg, ?? Nylstroom, ?? Brits ??? great places to pop in...

Will think of others....
RV9
DISH
pietmeyer
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby pietmeyer » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:34 am

Any information or pics of Rhino Park? I know where Aeroden is. I saw some pics of guys at a place where bikers and microlights (Que Sera, Bapsfontein area?). I would be nice if I could get a place where I can meet up with some biking buddies of mine.
Piet Meyer
Jabi J400 ZU-DUU (Wonderboom)
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Dish » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:43 am

I dont have Pics of Rhino park, but PM Rudix - he is a phoptographic wizard and had not only ground shots of the airfield but a few taken overhead as well... im sure he would be happy to share them with you. Runways, O9 and 27 both dirt runways... They were well on there way to having a GREAT clubhouse but sadly a rather nasty fire raised that to the ground. They were quick to improvise and set up a make shift breakfast tent which does very well and has good breakfasts.... Chaps like Agent, Rudix, Ldel, and a few others are REGULARS there and are quality lads, PM them or arrange with them and they will welcome you im sure....

Aviators Paradise - few miles east of Aeroden, Dale de Klerk, has a great relationship with trhe Brits Motorcycling club and has on a few occasions hosted a Bike VS plane Day. Awesome fun and good to watch, tar runway and a really nice clubhouse... All you Biker mates could join you there.?? as with Aeroden...

Que Sera??? I have heard of it and yip, its out Bapsfontein way.... apparently very good but do be careful, I have heard that its a very very tricky runway...

Hope to see you around soon...
RV9
DISH
Arnulf
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Arnulf » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:36 pm

demon wrote:kokobira, about 15 miles NNW of brits - great fly-in venue for breakfast, overnight or weekend,
Jean Durandt, the owner, is delighted to have guys flying in.
Hi Demon,
Can one just pop in, or must permission be obtained in advance?

Regards,
Arnulf
Old, Fat and Hairy
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby Old, Fat and Hairy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:23 pm

Carletonville and Witbank Skydiving clubs also serve breakfast on Sunday mornings if you drop by. You'll just have to take your chances in line with unwashed babbelas skydivers. :mrgreen:
Arnulf
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Arnulf » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:13 pm

demon wrote:
Arnulf wrote:
demon wrote:kokobira, about 15 miles NNW of brits - great fly-in venue for breakfast, overnight or weekend,
Jean Durandt, the owner, is delighted to have guys flying in.
Hi Demon,
Can one just pop in, or must permission be obtained in advance?

Regards,
Arnulf
They dont mind if you just pop in, but he asks no low flying over the game farm please
8)
Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Arnulf