Flying in Ellisras/Lephalale???

Fly-in destinations and airfield information - also use this forum to make contact with people in other areas
Intense Rookie
Slow starter

Flying in Ellisras/Lephalale???

Postby Intense Rookie » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:38 am

Good day fellow aviators.

Planning on moving to ellisras at the end of the year and if all goes to plan (ie: I dont crash and die!), I should have my MPL by that time (1 solid hour under my belt vhpy ).
Are there any Lephalalians or Ellisrasians who can tell me about surrounding air fields/clubs etc...
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:51 am

The runway at Ellisras was used by the SA army,and is still in a good condition.
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
reitz2pa
Signed up at flight school

Re: Flying in Ellisras/Lephalale???

Postby reitz2pa » Sat May 17, 2008 9:17 pm

Hallo there,

my inlaws is on a farm at Visgat,in the middle of Ellisras and Vaalwater about 40 km from Ellisras as the crow flow .We do some flying in the area and view around no words can describe.I work abrought and will be back on the farm around 17 June ,there is place to land for a trike on farm.Still working on my Dad to make a proper strip .But good enough to land and i will fix it this leave,to be at least 500x30 meters dirt LZ.But you can land and enjoy a good african experience with them .They have 4 charlets ,and wonderfull facilities. www.indabusheesafaris.co.za I met up with Charls ,a local that is flying a Raptor 582 from Vaalwater that is also Living close to Vaalwater.

Hope it could help

best regards

Wouter
maybe today
Zamalek
Heard about flying

Re: Flying in Ellisras/Lephalale???

Postby Zamalek » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:22 pm

I am hangered east of Ellisras near Marken, GPS co ords S 23 43.281 and E 028 21.562
Thaba Nkwe is a 4000 hectare game farm with a 450m strip, watch out for Warthogs and other game.
Thatched accommadation can sleep 10 people.
Amazing area to fly, see Elephant, Rhino and Buffalo out the air and Palala river.
Contact me should you be interested on 0147650222.
Will be advertizing fly in's for interested Microlighters.
Greenleader. (-)