Info about airfields in N/Cape

Fly-in destinations and airfield information - also use this forum to make contact with people in other areas
Astrix
Looking at the sky

Info about airfields in N/Cape

Postby Astrix » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:11 pm

We plan to fly from Aero Den area to Kathu and Kimberly in the near future. If possible that members that have done flights to the mentioned venues, we need contact details of members and landing strips in the area and along the routes to know where to get fuel and possible accommodation along the routes, please.

Thank you

Asterix
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:43 pm

I fly from Big Smoke (near HBV) to Vryburg weekly, but it a short hop in RV so have never had to overnight....

Assume you are going round trip Aeroden Kathu KBY than back or visa versa. if so beware of the military space near Sishen and the plenty of schedules into and out of there.... Sounds like awesome trip. The view of the mine from above is awesome..

Welcome to drop me a line for Vryburg assistance. If I am there I happy to help. If I am not there I can arrange for fuel and have hangar space, but will have to drop wing :oops: :oops: :? to get trikes in.

En route maybe Lichtenburg . There is active flying community there...

There are aslo some guys flying from FADL, but I don't know them.

Slow Poke at Kuruman will be able to help there I am sure. I also have contacts there if necessary.

Kathu has some nice guest houses and a round of Golf is def worth it.

Bad Nav will be able to help in Postmasburg and Kby. He can't decide where he is based :lol: :lol: :lol:

Linberg Lodge is great. The Autie who runs it is Vliegbedonnerd and am sure you will have a joll there. nice for overnight, but I don't know if there is hangar.

Then near FAKD maybe Kolobe Aviation Park? Never been there but have heard great reports....

PS
Post details maybe I join you on one of the legs if it suits...
4 Sale (will trade)
P166S, Jodel, hangar and other odds and sods
Radial - http://tiny.cc/eppqp
Still @ The Coves (Harties) but dream has died
Astrix
Looking at the sky

Postby Astrix » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:47 pm

Thank you very much RV4ker, I was in the military in Army Battle Shool and stayed in Kathu, many moons ago (that was when I was just looking at Frans Kruger's trike).

This is part of plan to revisit the some old friends in Kathu and maybe just to sleep under the wing where we could put the trikes down for the evening on our way. It would be good to get in touch with you on land line/mobile.

It sound great and you have made my day by giving all the info. The plan is either late May or mid June. We will get in touch with all the members that you have mentioned and to have them on a standby list if anything happened or just to say hello.

We will do the planning of our stops and will inform you the date that we would be in your area.

Thanks a million

Astrix
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:06 pm

Hopefully by then I will be trike jockey and maybe join you for a leg or 2... :wink:

If you want i can PM cell no.
4 Sale (will trade)
P166S, Jodel, hangar and other odds and sods
Radial - http://tiny.cc/eppqp
Still @ The Coves (Harties) but dream has died
Slow_Poke

Postby Slow_Poke » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:08 am

hi astrix, phone me on 0829215396, i fly from kuruman but more than willing to help you out. Would like to join you on the kathu/kuruman/kimberley leg if possible.
Astrix
Looking at the sky

Postby Astrix » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:58 pm

The planning is getting to an end.

Thank you for all your help, Stefan we are going to knock on you door for accommodation, so as soon as we got the final plan I will let you.

RV4ker, get that trike conversion, you are more than welcome to fly with.

Thank you once again for the support.

Astrix
Slow_Poke

Postby Slow_Poke » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:55 pm

sounds good, maybe i can meet up with the gaggle in vryburg - rv4ker more than welcome to fly with me if he wants. I need a good fly-out / inn? Looking forward