Pilgrim Rest, Sabie, Ndumo and Tembe

Fly-in destinations and airfield information - also use this forum to make contact with people in other areas
grosvenor
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Pilgrim Rest, Sabie, Ndumo and Tembe

Postby grosvenor » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:32 pm

We are hoping to extend our visit to the Hippo Pools fly-in with some flying around Pilgrims Rest, Sabie etc.

Does anyone have advise on accommodation (reasonable) and airfields in this area - preferably close together or with transfer/transport? Airfields with camping? Close to interesting things to do? Probably too much to ask for!

And any info on the Ndumo or Tembe airstrips?

Aerie can fly into just about any length strip.
grosvenor

Postby grosvenor » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:31 pm

Hi Demon

Thanks very much for that. I have looked at the site and it looks great - just what we need. Any more details on the runway.

Dave
grosvenor

Postby grosvenor » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:49 pm

Hi Demon

Just got back today after a few days at Hazyview. You were right - the runway is great and the safe aircraft parking is excellent. From there, we had some great flights. Best flight was on Monday when we flew from Haziview to Sabie then followed a tourist map all the way up to God's Window, the potholes, waterfalls, Pilgrims rest, Graskop, etc, through the Blyde River Canyon and out the other side - wonderful.

Thanks for you advice. BTW, the Hotel Numbi was excellent as well - we stayed there.

D&W
grosvenor

Postby grosvenor » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:58 pm

The lady there (Willem's wife - the owner I think (I cannot remember her name). We spoke to her and she said that for groups they will organise special rates, as well as changes in breakfast times to suit trike flying times, etc. They are very keen to have something like that there.

DW
Joninmoz
Pre flight checks done

Postby Joninmoz » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:56 pm

Yup! I fly from Brian Young's place at Barberton and I would be interested. I often fly up that way but I usually land at Drome Z (Kiepersol).[/quote]
My psycho-therapist is called ZU - CPI !!!