Malawi

Fly-in destinations and airfield information - also use this forum to make contact with people in other areas
Tim M

Malawi

Postby Tim M » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:28 pm

Hi,

I'm moving to Malawi (north of Lilongwe) in January. I have done some flex wing training and would like to get an MPL. It would be great to get some contacts in Malawi or some information/tales on flying there.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Tim
Arnulf
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Arnulf » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:30 am

Try Nyassa Flying School at Club Makokola.

Regards,
Arnulf
Tim M

Postby Tim M » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:51 am

Thanks Arnulf,

I've sent them an email and will let you know what they come back with.

Tim
Tim M

Postby Tim M » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:59 pm

Got an email back from Club Makakola. They have 2 microlights, but the guy who runs it is in SA at the moment. He will be back by January when I arrive. I just need to survive 2 months of the English winter weather :cry: . Will let you know what I get up to when I get out there and up flying :D 8)

Tim
brucem
Looking at the sky

Malawi

Postby brucem » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:40 pm

I spent two months instructing for Nyassa Flight School in Malawi. It was an amazing experience and a very special place. Unfortunately the owner, Phil Horwood is selling the operation and moving back to SA. This is really sad as the potential there was huge. They had guaranteed all the flips out of Club Makakola on the Lake shore and in holiday season it got real busy. I was flying from 5 am doing instruction and then intro flights right throughout the day. If you need any further info on Malawi or any contacts, please feel free to contact me. Be warned when flying in Malawi that the quality of the fuel is really bad and often diluted. It's a good idea to buy bulk fuel from the Shell. BP or Engen depots in Blantyre or Lilongwe.
Bruce McDonald
Airborne African Adventures.
Klaserie Nature Reserve
Tel: 0836013229/ 0722679700
Reza
Looking at the sky

Malawi Style

Postby Reza » Fri May 11, 2007 5:46 pm

Ahoydy Everybody,

Triking at Lake Malawi is about to have its second wind, I know of 2 other trikes that are on their way up from SA so including my baby ZU-DAO which I bought from the Nyassa Flying School Chap at Club Mak there will be three :lol: 8) Thats the only three in the whole country as far as I know. :roll:
Lake Malawi is too beautiful to fly over/around so much so you find yourself not really appreciating flying elsewhere. :idea: Youve been warned, anyone who doesnt believe me can see for themselves, contact me for any info you require :!: see you all soonish :lol: Till then Keep styling :shock:
Howzit from the warm heart of Africa
Keep smiling & styling!
DieselFan
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Malawi Style

Postby DieselFan » Fri May 11, 2007 11:10 pm

Reza wrote:Ahoydy Everybody,
Lake Malawi is too beautiful to fly over/around so much so you find yourself not really appreciating flying elsewhere. :idea: Youve been warned, anyone who doesnt believe me can see for themselves, contact me for any info you require :!: see you all soonish :lol: Till then Keep styling :shock:
Hey Welcome Reza! Hows about some pics? Always wanted to visit Malawi and check Lake Malawi, the fish are about the only thing I have - most beautiful in the world 8)
Reza
Looking at the sky

Postby Reza » Sat May 12, 2007 12:54 pm

:D :D
Thanks for the welcome, it feels good :!:
I don't have my own photos yet, but BruceM and the Nyasa School chaps have some good ones posted on webshots.com, search for Malawi or microlights i cant remember which but should be easy to find :wink:
Look after the fish, breed them and bring some back, because everyone loves them and they aren't as beautiful when bred in a tank so there is major poaching going on resulting in 70% not making it in their plastic bag :shock: :x :cry:
Maybe we can create some awareness :idea:
:lol:
Come fly and see the fish in their natural habitat 8) 8)
Howzit from the warm heart of Africa
Keep smiling & styling!