Best locations to land along wildcoast

Fly-in destinations and airfield information - also use this forum to make contact with people in other areas
Poerieventer
Heard about flying

Best locations to land along wildcoast

Postby Poerieventer » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi

Can anyone out there possibly tell me where the most scenic and best flying and landing area is along the wildcoast? I will be flying in a bushbaby so type of terrain doesnt really matter.
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Best locations to land along wildcoast

Postby vernon11 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:44 pm

Where will you be flying from, and how far down the coast do you intend going?
Just before the start of the Wild Coast, you can stop in at out field, at Munster. 580mtr grass. From there, the next is Mkambati. I think about 700 mtr. Can be a bit rough at times, so a good low pass inspection, would be wise. After that, the Grosvener runway, is now closed. Next is port St johns. The runway is on top of the mountain. From there, about 18 miles south is Kevin Mckays place, which is about 8miles inland. He has accomadation as well. From there, the next best is Wave crest, then on to East London. From Wave Crest, I am not familier with the area. When are you hoping to do this trip?
Hope this helps. PM me for any information you might need.
Regards,
Vernon.
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby vernon11 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:50 pm

vernon11 wrote:Where will you be flying from, and how far down the coast do you intend going?
Just before the start of the Wild Coast, you can stop in at out field, at Munster. 580mtr grass. From there, the next is Mkambati. I think about 700 mtr. Can be a bit rough at times, so a good low pass inspection, would be wise. After that, the Grosvener runway, is now closed. Next is port St johns. The runway is on top of the mountain. From there, about 18 miles south is Kevin Mckays place, which is about 8miles inland. He has accomadation as well. From there, the next best is Wave crest, then on to East London. From Wave Crest, I am not familier with the area. When are you hoping to do this trip?
Hope this helps. PM me for any information you might need.
Regards,
Vernon.
By the way. I would not recommend landing at The Haven. The runway is extremely rough. That is about 18 miles south Of Hole in the wall.
wingover
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby wingover » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi Vernon

We are a couple of guys flying down to Margate from Kroon and some fro X Winds the weekend of the 25th April. Please up date us on the landing spots in your area and if you have Gps co-ods that would be of tremendous help. Can we fly in to Munster for a brunch maybe?
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby vernon11 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:57 am

I am away till the end of the month, so do not have the co-ords with me. As soon as get back, will post them for you. it will be great to have you blokes down. Dawie knows our spot. He bought my Savannah. there is a place close by we can truck to for breakfast, or I can take my cooker to the field and knock something up. As for other landing spots, you can read my first post.
Regards,
Vernon.