new

Fly-in destinations and airfield information - also use this forum to make contact with people in other areas
yo
Slow starter

new

Postby yo » Wed May 31, 2006 5:49 pm

hey, i am planning on travelling later this year, stopping in south africa for about a month and would love to learn to fly. if anyone could give me info on where to go? cost? or if anyone would be willing to teach a girl from england how to fly - would be great. thanks.
Arnulf
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Arnulf » Wed May 31, 2006 9:55 pm

Demon wrote:
and what do you weigh
#-0 Eish, how suave!
C205
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby C205 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:04 am

Hi there
You can contact Boris Benic - he often has students from Germany and other overseas countries.
Will pm you his details.
Enjoy
Quicksilver MXII ZS-VAP
Quicksilver MXII ZU-BOW
FAWI 123.5
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Re: new

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:37 am

yo wrote:hey, i am planning on travelling later this year, stopping in south africa for about a month and would love to learn to fly. if anyone could give me info on where to go? cost? or if anyone would be willing to teach a girl from england how to fly - would be great. thanks.
Knew the Demon would not be able to resist... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PS
Depending on your time constraints I think you would have to fly almost all the time you are here to get license, but nothing wrong with havin a go. the GBP:R exchange rate is sooooo good, why not another month? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
4 Sale (will trade)
P166S, Jodel, hangar and other odds and sods
Radial - http://tiny.cc/eppqp
Still @ The Coves (Harties) but dream has died
Abe
First solo

Postby Abe » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:45 am

Hey, Yo, do not despair, you may already know how to fly!
Demon, you old rascal, wanting to know how much she weighs...
Last week I had the delight to take a newby flying, he was no lightweight, but he was a natural. With no groundschool and with what little I could impart on the intercom and being, as all who know me, no diplomat, he flew co-ordinated grade 2 turns before I could tell him what it was, kept altitude on instinct. Will trust him with landing in less than two hours flying.If only all pupes would accept the stick-speed throttle-altitude thing it would be easy.
Abe.
FAWGie
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby FAWGie » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:42 am

This must be about the only time that you can ask a female what she weighs (with a good reason for asking) without her trying to dislodge your front teeth with her handbag.....

Of course Demon, if you asked her to send you her photo, then you could have established her weight as well as........ :wink: ......If she was not too tall to fit in...... :wink:

Some time ago, I offered to take the kids from a certain family for a flip....after both son and daughter enjoying their ride, their mother came bounding over proclaiming that she wanted a turn....

You will see from the pic below (I've altered the facial view to protect privacy) that she is a little larger than your average pax...so lot's of menatal work on my part to determine if we were still within the operating limits of the plane, C og G, etc...etc... without offending her.....It took some pushing to close the door and once I climbed in, realised that very little room was left for control movement......

Thankfully, we had a very long runway and the flight went smoothly, but it certainly was close to being called a non-flight with the danger of offending an individual based on their weight.....
Attachments
vix.jpg
vix.jpg (81.58 KiB) Viewed 3269 times
kb
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby kb » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:13 am

Nice Demon - I have done the same, and even more importantly in the woer woer, I ask each and every person, from my mother, to my aunt. One needs to know these things.
"The universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest."
Arnulf
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Arnulf » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:53 pm

Ok, this is now all very well. However it appears that Yo got a moerse skrik, and ran away, or went into hiding.

Yo, are you still around?
kb
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby kb » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:42 pm

Yo, Yo, sou still there...

Also must say that quite fitting that Arnulf's avatar "ranking" says first solo, any co-incedence??
"The universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest."
The Agent
The Boss
The Boss

Postby The Agent » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:30 am

I think yo does not like flying, he or she is gone.
Empty Toy Box
Busy Arranging for new toy.
Graham Cooper
avgas
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby avgas » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:01 pm

Reminds me of a Mizer at Rhino many moons ago. Guy took his MOTHER IN LAW for a flip. Or should I say he attempted a flip and ended up running through the fence at the end of the ruway.
Henni
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Henni » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:33 am

avgas wrote:Reminds me of a Mizer at Rhino many moons ago. Guy took his MOTHER IN LAW for a flip. Or should I say he attempted a flip and ended up running through the fence at the end of the runway.
Bet he did not start from the beginning of the runway. The Mizer does require quite a bit of runway when loaded close to full gross & for this very reason I had to turn down various hangarage space being offered to me. However, Rhino's runway is more than capable for the Mizers - I've flown at close to full gross from there numerous times without any problem whatsoever.

Also, one should not wait till the fence to abort a take-off - by the halfway mark you should be able to tell whether you'll make it or not. Bet his mother in law will never consider flying in anything again - what a pity!

Henni
Keep grassroot aviation alive!
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:40 am

Henni wrote:Bet his mother in law will never consider flying in anything again - what a pity!

Henni
Bet she never even come around anymore... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Makes one wonder - What does a Mizer cost :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Writing one off maybe a good "investment" :lol: :lol: :lol:
4 Sale (will trade)
P166S, Jodel, hangar and other odds and sods
Radial - http://tiny.cc/eppqp
Still @ The Coves (Harties) but dream has died
Quentin Ferreira
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Pic

Postby Quentin Ferreira » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:35 pm

Yo make it easy for all there men out here!!!! send us a pic and let them see!!! :D :D

Quentin Ferreira
ZU-ATP
Newcastle
John Young
The Boss
The Boss

R 100k if you use my trike.

Postby John Young » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:57 pm

RV4ker wrote:Makes one wonder - What does a Mizer cost :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Writing one off maybe a good "investment" :lol: :lol: :lol:
R 100k if you use my trike. :twisted:

R 200k if I must "fly into the fence" for you. :twisted:

Lifetime guarantee or your money back. :lol:

Regards
John ZU-CIB