Non Av: Biking Western Cape and Northern Cape

Fly-in destinations and airfield information - also use this forum to make contact with people in other areas
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Non Av: Biking Western Cape and Northern Cape

Postby kloot piloot » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:58 pm

Softness and me are loading the K1200LT tourer on the Premier Classe train from JHB to CT on 16 August. ETA Cape Town station Monday 17th and then 6 days slow cruising back to GP. We want to follow the Northern Cape route to check the Namakwa Blommetjies for the first time.

Anyone with ideas of nice routes, destinations, must-sees, etc ? :?:

Keeping in mind the BM's off-road capabilities are almost nil unless a good dirt road.

Any info, tips and advice will be highly appreciated, and awarded with pics on this topic once we are back. vhpy vhpy
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Non Av: Biking Western Cape and Northern Cape

Postby Rudix » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:24 pm

kloot piloot wrote:Softness and me are loading the K1200LT tourer on the Premier Classe train from JHB to CT on 16 August. ETA Cape Town station Monday 17th and then 6 days slow cruising back to GP. We want to follow the Northern Cape route to check the Namakwa Blommetjies for the first time.

Anyone with ideas of nice routes, destinations, must-sees, etc ? :?:

Keeping in mind the BM's off-road capabilities are almost nil unless a good dirt road.

Any info, tips and advice will be highly appreciated, and awarded with pics on this topic once we are back. vhpy vhpy
Do I understand you correctly? Are you SHIPPING your bike via train to CT?

Ag nee sies man, watse biker is jy :shock: :shock:

vhpy vhpy vhpy

Why don't you ride down? The getting there is as much fun as being there, one of the joys of biking, I have done the trip many times.

Sounds like fun though (^^)

Ride safe,
Rudi
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." ;)
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby kloot piloot » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:47 am

Rudix,
It's not easy to decide between the train, the bike or both ! What nostalgia 1 vhpy (^^)
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Rudix » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:19 am

kloot piloot wrote:Rudix,
It's not easy to decide between the train, the bike or both ! What nostalgia 1 vhpy (^^)
True...

At least your way you get both vhpy

Enjoy the trip and be safe (^^)
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." ;)