Microlighting here in Tropical North Queensland, Australia

Fly-in destinations and airfield information - also use this forum to make contact with people in other areas
Perry
Ready for the first flight

Microlighting here in Tropical North Queensland, Australia

Postby Perry » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:19 am

Greetings from the 146th meridian midway along the Great Barrier Reef. This area is known for great underwater activities, but it also boasts some of the best aviation to be had in the world.

Our airfield is base just 20km South of Townsville:

Pictures - Dawn, Our Instructor, Toonpan Memories

ImageImageImage
We actually live approx. 12 km offshore on Magnetic Island (unfortunately due to CTA for Townsville and heaps of Tiger Country, flying around the island is a real bugger):

Picture- Magnetic Island
We often undertake various x-country routes around the area and these include flights to secluded beaches, the Outback (like the Karoo):

Pictures - Balgal Beach, Cape Bowling Green, Cungulla Beach, Outback Track, Alva Spit
ImageImage
ImageImage

We have owned two trikes and these include a 1995 Airborne Edge Exec 582 (recently sold) and a 2005 DTA Voyageur II 912S. The DTA gives us adequate capability to carry our camping gear as well as a range to make quite a distance without having to stop. As you will notice, we have wingmounted our camera (Olympus MJU410 with infra-red remote) and find that it takes great shots...

Pictures - Landing the Old Duck, Ross River Dam and Landing at Woodstock
ImageImage
Should anyone be making a trip over, be sure to call us and we could put you up over here and point you in the direction of reasonably priced aircraft hire...

Regards
Pezza
DTA Voyageur - Ulysses
Magnetic Island
Great Barrier Reef
Microwave

Postby Microwave » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:03 pm

Hi Perry,

I will most certainly look you up when I finally get the chance to get across there. I have been dreaming it for ages, I just need some bucks now.

I sent you a Private message, so check your inbox.

Regards from Hratbeespoort Dam
DarkHelmet
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby DarkHelmet » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:46 pm

There was a doccie on Discovery here (or was it Travel channel? my dad phoned me to tune in) with some people over the reef with a ML. It looked AWESOME!

Each of us have our little pretty spot of the world that is unique in its own way! Thanks for sharing this Perry!