Radio communication

Questions about training in general, syllabus', requirements etc
ZS-NEL
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Radio communication

Postby ZS-NEL » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:14 am

I noticed that radio work when the airspace gets busy can be very intimidating for students and even new pilots. This is something that needs to be practiced and I always suggest to the students to talk loud to them self while driving in the car and do position reports as they drive. You must do this loud so you can hear yourself as it always "sounds" perfect if you only think about it.

The CD/ Manuals from Radio Talk is also a good investment and at R200 to R250 this is a bargain. You can buy them online here: http://www.infozone.tv/?product=trainin ... radio-talk
and we might even be able to negotiate a group discount should there be enough interest.

I can suggest:

1.VFR Fix Wing

This CD, with accompanying transcript and study guide manual, is aimed specifically at fixed wing (including microlight, gyrocopter and glider) student pilots in their quest to obtain their PPL and will also assist you in preparation for the Restricted Radio License oral skills test. It is beneficial to qualified PPL pilots who are in need of a radio procedures refresher, as well as those of you who feel they need confidence when speaking to ATC while flying in controlled airspace and with fellow pilots in uncontrolled airspace.
The CD includes some of the following pilot/ATC RT procedures giving examples of different scenarios in each case:
• Circuit training.
• Flight training at a controlled airfield;
• Leaving and joining controlled airspace;
• Making general blind broadcast communications while flying in uncontrolled airspace.
Cost – R200, including postage and packaging.

2. Aviation English

Welcome to the practical aviation English proficiency CD which includes most terminologies as used by Pilots and the ATC’s in their daily work environment.
English is the world standard for all aeronautical airband communications. This CD has been produced for all aviators who wish to enhance their English language skills in order to be able to communicate more professionally on aeronautical airband radio, and achieve a Level 4 or higher on their practical proficiency test.
Cost – R250 for a double CD pack including a manual.

Let me know
(^^)
ZS-NEL
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Re: Radio communication

Postby ZS-NEL » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:05 am

Just after I post this the server of the above link went PHOOF! You can check back soon!
ZS-NEL
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby ZS-NEL » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:26 am

Back up again :wink:
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:14 pm

(^^) (^^) (^^)