Best and Youngest Student I Ever taught.

Questions about training in general, syllabus', requirements etc
Suesing
Top Gun
Top Gun

Best and Youngest Student I Ever taught.

Postby Suesing » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi All.

I Have just had the honour of taking on young Frank Baxter. I taught his Dad on a trike about 16 years ago, and now he (Richard) has sent his son to learn to fly the Bantam with me during his school vacs. (Frank lives in the U.K)

My mind has been blown at this just turned 15 year old youngsters skill. After completing all the upper air work, and lots of homework, including density altitude, aircraft performance take off and landing capabilities, principles of flight and meteorology.

In his limited time with me my goal was to have him at least rounding out, but with a bit of a push, this youngster is landing on his own at 4.6 hrs of duel!!!

And even better , his Dad was at the airfield to witness it. My runway is not the easiest, very tall trees on the threshhold, but Franks round out and then holding off keeping nice and level and then a sweet soft plop of a landing four times. Incredible , i was emotional to say the least.

Frank comes out from the UK in April to continue his training...a pity i have to wait two more years to send him solo.

Happy new year to all you guys. Bantam pilots please remember (sorry to nag) the P.O.H says at altitude a B22J needs lots of runway for take off and landing at MAUW

xxx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Suesing on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.valleyflightsmicrolighting.com
Jabiru Instructor ( Grade B)
KlapperKnop
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Re: Best and Youngest Student I Ever taught.

Postby KlapperKnop » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:07 pm

Well done Sue and Frank and wow 4.6 hrs!
ZU-DJE