Postby Bundy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Hang in there dude....weather has not been kind to anyone lately :roll:
Emiel Thysse
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Re: First Training session!!!!

Postby Emiel Thysse » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi All.
Yesterday we had some good weather at last!!! So I went through to Grahamstown again.
Took me 2 hours to drive there as the roads were closed due to water and flood damage. Eventually I got there.

First session we recapped everything ive learned thus far and I nailed it!!! Including the stalls ,no problem as Ive got trust in my trainer as she must surely be the best female pilot I know!!
Thats Sharon Mcgillewie!!
Pretty full of confidence i finished my first session and felt that Im getting good at this flying thing. LOL.
Even had a compliment that Im a fast learner.

THEN THE SECOND SESSION!!!! Bang my bubble burst. Touch and gos plus I now have the pilot headsets for the first time....
I never knew that I also stutter....
Almost had a kopklap on our first landing as my arms locked up on Sharon.Shes pulling and Im pushing.
I was only suppose to line up and bring her close to the ground and then Sharon will take over and I could get the feeling of what shes doing with my hand on the control bar.
Maar NEE eks mos slim!!! Was very nurvous as the wind was also not as calm as the first session.
Youd think that runway is wide but its defnately not the same when your trying to line up in the centre!!!

Anyways any comments and advice on landings would be apreciated!!
So gooi mielies!!!!

Over and out!
Emiel Thysse
WhiteEagle
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby WhiteEagle » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi Emiel

Toe ek begin het ek ook gevra maar niemand het geantwoord nie....... So kom ek probeer. Vir my was die eerste 10 tot 20 landings maar ñ blur. Dit was makliker om te land as ek ten minste so 50meter voor my kyk op die runway. As ek te naby kyk raak diepte persepsie vir my n probleem. Toe ek my lisensie klaar gemaak het, het ek 280 t/o en landings gelog. So moenie haastig wees nie. Hoe langer jy oefen hoe gemakliker raak jy met die ML en hoe makliker sal jy sien land jy haar. Dis iets wat van mens tot mens verskil, maar sodra die ergste adrennalien uitgewerk raak en jy net kan konsentreer op wat jy moet doen raak dit vanself maklik en tweede natuur, practise makes perfect. So. Al het jy jou lisensie klaar gemaak eendag. Oefen maar daai landings steeds so nou en dan. Dit moet tweede natuur wees as jy in rowwer omstandighede vlieg en land, dan moet jy die cross wind lees en hanteer en die landing moet dan vanself kom. Luister maar na jou instrukteur en maak seker jy oefen power on sowel as power off landings. Ek het agter gekom sommige instrukteurs konsentreer baie op net power off landings. Jy moet egter in kruiswind met krag kan inkom en land. Hoop dit help. Moet net nie haastig raak nie.
"Good judgement usually comes from experience. Experience usually comes from bad judgement."
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:47 am

Emile...you are far too critical of yourself at such an early stage. :) Relax bud, the more you try and "fix" it, the worse it's going to get. Your instructor will get you landing perfectly all in good time. My first landing sessions were terrible boet. It takes time to develop a "feel" for the aircraft...I agree fully that eventually it becomes like second nature and your control inputs become natural, almost "automatic".

Everything is still new for you...small steps dude. Confidence can only come from a few bad landings. :wink: That's where you learn the most... believe it or not. :roll: :wink:

Best advice I ever got was...keep your eyes on your aiming point, as soon as you start rounding out keep your eyes straight down the runway... (^^)

Dont over analyse chom....relax, absorb your instructors knowledge and enjoy. Getting it wrong is all part of the process. (!!)

We all got it wrong occasionally....and still do! :lol:
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:03 am

Wees kalm,kyk voor jou uit,en kry die gevoel van hoe die vliegtuig sak.As jy voel dat die grond opstyg na jou toe,beteken dit dat jy afkyk ondertoe.Bly voor jou uitkyk,en vertrou jou instrukteur.Landings is 'n gevoel wat met ondervinding kom.Hou net aan probeer-jy sal dit wel regkry.
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
GawieL
Pre flight checks done

Postby GawieL » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:12 am

Jy moet maar geduldig wees en nie haastig raak nie. Ek het weet nie hoeveel "touch en goes" ek gedoen het nie.(Opgehou tel). Ek het op n stadium begin moedeloos raak maar gelukkig het ek n baie geduldige instrukteur. Na die soveelste keer toe net daai eendag toe "click" ek, ooooo dit is eindelik hoe dit werk. Nou vlieg ek lekker solo.
Gawie Labuschagne
ZU-AWF
Emiel Thysse
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby Emiel Thysse » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:08 am

Dankie almal vir die "wise words" I always read your replies and apreciate the comments.
Emiel Thysse
Emiel Thysse
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby Emiel Thysse » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:57 am

Hi all.
Have any of you checked out the "morza Mock Exams site?
And how does this compare to Swales, exept that Morza is FREE!!!
Emiel Thysse
Loco
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Loco » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:06 am

Emiel Thysse wrote:Hi all.
Sorry haven't seen the morza exams but I can tell you that the exam questins and Swales are 100% identical...
Anthony Hugo

Crosswinds
Proud member of The Chain Gang
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18311
http://www.facebook.com/groups/574736389205283/
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:11 am

anthonyhugo wrote:
Emiel Thysse wrote:Hi all.
Sorry haven't seen the morza exams but I can tell you that the exam questins and Swales are 100% identical...
Yes, I have to agree. Swales is the best option if you want to pass your exams. Both the mock exams and the actual exams are written by the same person. There's maybe 1 or 2 questions that are different from the Swales mock exams, but most are identical. Practice on the Swales mock exams, and you are guaranteed to pass your actuals 1st time!
Plane-less
Emiel Thysse
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby Emiel Thysse » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Ok thanks for feedback.Ill have to order asap!!!
Emiel Thysse
Emiel Thysse
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby Emiel Thysse » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:15 am

Touch and gos! So close but yet so far!
Im really enjoying the landings or attempting to land.
Did 1.7 on Sunday. Had a bit windy conditions but I wanted to go.

Have to be able to land in all conditions. Not doing it by myself yet, sharon is still doing 60% of the landings.
Doing power on aproached landings. Allot of concentration needed!!!!
Il let you guys know when im there!!!
Emiel Thysse
Playboy
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby Playboy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:18 am

Mooi so Emiel...jy moet gou klaar maak so dat as ek in PE gaan kuier kan jy my vat vir n' flip :!: ## :lol: :lol:

Enjoy en safe landing!!
Brendan Botha
ZS-Nothing at this stage
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:21 pm

Keep at it Emille. (^^) Glad things are going well.