APPLICATION FOR MPL(WCM)

Questions about training in general, syllabus', requirements etc
Leonvz
Signed up at flight school

APPLICATION FOR MPL(WCM)

Postby Leonvz » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:02 pm

Eeeiiiissshh! Now I do not understand this thing of apply for MPL.
The regulations state for cat 4 my house docter can do examination for trainee pilot license. I thought I did good to go for the complete tests at the dr registered at CAA as if I shall apply for PPL training although IU want only to register for MPL.
Now the dr iof CAA said I can not register for trainee pilot license and amongst a lot of requirements ia a "Holter test" which I do not have the feintest idea what it is and why?
Is there any way I can go where I shall meet the least resistence within aviation law perimeters and to get the authority to enroll for a trainee MPL course?
ANY GOOD POSITIVE FEEDBACK SHALL BE APPRECIATED.
I HATE TO GO DOWN BY JUST LYING DOWN. THIS IS A LIFELONG DREAM AND YEARNING TO EXPERIENCE THE FREEDOM OF THE SKY!
Leon van Zyl
Bulletjie
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Re: APPLICATION FOR MPL(WCM)

Postby Bulletjie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi Leon

Have alook at this site. It will explain what the Holter test is. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/holter-monitor/MY00577
Dream more when you are awake!
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:07 pm

As I understand it this test is not pre-conditional for approval and only if the doctor has seen something irregular with your normal check-up in which case he would have told you.

If he can organise a machine,(for nothing) just go for it. If you're healthy and the doctor just wants to do it as a formality then change the doc.

I was encouraged by my flying doc to do it but the medical suppliers who loan the machines for free to Cardiologists and certain doctors could'nt get one released for me (unless I made a consultation with the practice).
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Notna123
Looking at the sky

Postby Notna123 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:17 am

Morning to all.

I am new to the forum and would like to find out whether anyone can help me out. I went for an introduction flight at Microland and have saved up enough money for my MPL and a good 2nd hand trike for +- R75K. My problem is as follow: I am 31 years of age and suffered a heart attack in April this year. I did not need to under go any operation and have had no stents fitted, is there a possibility that I will be able to pass a medical in order to start my MPL? There was no long term damage done to my heart. I am totally in love with aviation. If no one can answer this maybe you have a name & number for an AME in the east rand?
Anton Mooi
Bulletjie
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Bulletjie » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:59 am

Morning Notna123

The best would be to go to a doctor that does aviation medicals.
Dream more when you are awake!
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:38 pm

Notna123 wrote:Morning to all.

I am new to the forum and would like to find out whether anyone can help me out. I went for an introduction flight at Microland and have saved up enough money for my MPL and a good 2nd hand trike for +- R75K. My problem is as follow: I am 31 years of age and suffered a heart attack in April this year. I did not need to under go any operation and have had no stents fitted, is there a possibility that I will be able to pass a medical in order to start my MPL? There was no long term damage done to my heart. I am totally in love with aviation. If no one can answer this maybe you have a name & number for an AME in the east rand?
Welcome to the forum (!!) .
I had a student who also had a hart attack (and all that comes with it).The doc gave him his medical,but it was only valid for a shorter period.
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
Notna123
Looking at the sky

Postby Notna123 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi Guys
Thanx for the welcome and the quick response, this makes me feel alot better and positive. I have emailed Dr Roos and will await his response. Have yourself a splended day and hope to meet you all in the skies some time soon.
Anton Mooi
bobthebuilder
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby bobthebuilder » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi Notna 123,
What area do you live in?
Byron Kirkland
Notna123
Looking at the sky

Postby Notna123 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:21 pm

Howzit Byron. I live in Parkrand, Boksburg
Anton Mooi
Notna123
Looking at the sky

Postby Notna123 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:37 am

Morning Guys

I've got my answer from Dr Roos. 6 months of no flying from the date of my heart attack, then I need to under go a Medical @ an Aviation Medical Examiner(AME), together with a new Angioghram and a full report from my cardiologist. This will then be put forward to the CAA Medical board, for approval or decline. So I guess it is 2 wheels(Boulevard) for me for now only, till October. Damn, I was hoping to have my MPL before end of September. Guess I will just have to patiently wait and live healthy till Oct.
Thx once again to all whom replied and e-mailed me.

Save landings.
Anton Mooi
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Notna123 wrote:Morning Guys

I've got my answer from Dr Roos. 6 months of no flying from the date of my heart attack, then I need to under go a Medical @ an Aviation Medical Examiner(AME), together with a new Angioghram and a full report from my cardiologist. This will then be put forward to the CAA Medical board, for approval or decline. So I guess it is 2 wheels(Boulevard) for me for now only, till October. Damn, I was hoping to have my MPL before end of September. Guess I will just have to patiently wait and live healthy till Oct.
Thx once again to all whom replied and e-mailed me.

Save landings.
Hallo Notna123!Welcome to the forum!You can see Dr.Erasmus in Benoni!He do all the medicals from Cpl till mpl!Very good dok! (^^) October is lucky not that far!! (^^)
FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD.Aerotrike Scout 503 ZU-CAI.
Biggles of Africa
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby Biggles of Africa » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Leon, good advice from the folk here, there is no reason that the doc would want you to do any extra tests unless he found something he was not happy with, in which case he should/would have told you why, if not, drop him and find another doc.
Where do you stay, you didn't perhaps go to "the" aviation doctor in Centurion did you? Run Forest run......
Unless you plan on doing a PPL later, why complicate the issue, if your class 4 can be done by your family doctor, then do it there, he knows your history after all, and can address any underlying problems you may have to get you in shape to pass the medical.
Let us know how it goes.