AVERAGE TIME FROM 0 TO LICENCE ON WCM

Questions about training in general, syllabus', requirements etc
greenleader
Ready for the first flight

AVERAGE TIME FROM 0 TO LICENCE ON WCM

Postby greenleader » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:08 pm

How long will it take a person on average to start from scratch to obtain a trike licence? Can you do it in two months time if the learner is available everyday except Sundays?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Re: AVERAGE TIME FROM 0 TO LICENCE ON WCM

Postby nicow » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:37 pm

greenleader wrote:How long will it take a person on average to start from scratch to obtain a trike licence? Can you do it in two months time if the learner is available everyday except Sundays?
Depends on how fast you learn,the weather,exam centers,your instructor's availability,and more-but it is possible.
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:52 pm

greenleader wrote:How long will it take a person on average to start from scratch to obtain a trike licence? Can you do it in two months time if the learner is available everyday except Sundays?
Hallo,Martin!Just do it!I will see you december on the farm!? :lol: Duiwelsdorp I mean Dewetsdorp :lol: (^^)
FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD.Aerotrike Scout 503 ZU-CAI.
Kalahari
Survived first engine out

Postby Kalahari » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi Martin

Ek dink dis moontlik maar nie maklik nie, ek reken dit sal meer realisties wees om te probeer vorder tot by solo binne 2 maande. Ek dink nie dit is iets wat jy moet rush nie maar 10 ure in n jaar klink darem ook n bietjie te min na my sin.
Arrogance and rudeness are the training wheels on the bicycle of life for those who can not keep their balance without it!
greenleader

Postby greenleader » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Dankie julle. Ek sal dalk weer eendag die moed kry wanneer ek op 'n ander plek is om weer aan te gaan. Het so 10 ure gehad, maar ek kon net nie meer dag vir sit en kyk hoe die goeie weer verbygaan nie. I mean I started in January this year and after nearly nine months, have only 10 hours to show. So, the story is that I quit for now. I was very near to my first solo. I could feal it and according the intructor was nearly there. I sold my trike because it is not cost effective to let it stand there and pay all the other costs involved for an hour a month. That is not what I had in mind when I first started. But I will not let anybody kill my dream. I will get there.
Kalahari

Postby Kalahari » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:03 pm

Hi Martin

Been there, done that, got the scars, ek ken die gevoel maar wil jy nie maar op jou tande kners en liewer hire and fly en ten minste jou lisensie klaar maak nie, jy het tog klaar betaal daarvoor ten minste betaal jy nie nou hangar huur nie, jy is amper halfpad! Ek weet ek kan nou maklik praat maar die enigste een wat daaronder gaan ly as jy nou "quit" is net jyself.

Praat asb as ek jou kan help om die droom te verwesenlik, jy verdien dit!
Arrogance and rudeness are the training wheels on the bicycle of life for those who can not keep their balance without it!
Tribal Croc
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Tribal Croc » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:31 am

Ek stem

Moenie ophou nie ##

Ek het ook gedink ek sal myne in 3 maande of so kan doen maar daar was altyd ietsie (**) Ek moes 160km ry na my vliegskool en het sommer dan daar vir 3 dae gebly en gedink dan sal ek mos 6 uure op n slag kan insit (**) maar meeste keere kon ek net 1 uur doen en party kere niks.....

Hou aan en sterkte
Tribal Croc
ZU-ICanXplane
Bushbaby Explorer MK2
Tailwheel fun starts here

#exploringsouthafricanskies
greenleader

Postby greenleader » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:28 pm

Dit was moeilik om tot hierdie besluit te kom. Feit is, ek het so twee weke voor ek finaal besluit het 'n toets gedoen. Uit twee weke se dae, kon ek vir 8 ure in die lug wees. Soveel goeie dae was daar tussen die slegte weer. That is the main issue. When the weather and everything else is okay, I cannot fly and that is what is so very much frustrating. That's why I was asking the question. A friend of mine also did it in a very short time legally in Rundu a few years ago.
In the end I decided the way I should go. Thanks for everyone's input. Keep it up and Safe Flying .
So wanneer ek eendag "groot" is, dan loop boek ek my in by 'n plek daar by Nicow en loop nie weer voordat ek 'n liksens het nie :lol:
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:40 pm

greenleader wrote:Dit was moeilik om tot hierdie besluit te kom. Feit is, ek het so twee weke voor ek finaal besluit het 'n toets gedoen. Uit twee weke se dae, kon ek vir 8 ure in die lug wees. Soveel goeie dae was daar tussen die slegte weer. That is the main issue. When the weather and everything else is okay, I cannot fly and that is what is so very much frustrating. That's why I was asking the question. A friend of mine also did it in a very short time legally in Rundu a few years ago.
In the end I decided the way I should go. Thanks for everyone's input. Keep it up and Safe Flying .
So wanneer ek eendag "groot" is, dan loop boek ek my in by 'n plek daar by Nicow en loop nie weer voordat ek 'n liksens het nie :lol:
Jammer om te hoor Martin!Dit was my droom om te vlieg vir 21 jaar!Ek het my trike 5 jaar en ek het eers Julie my license gekry!Ek was op heidelberg toe sluit die skool,springs toe maar kon net saterdae vlieg!Vandaar is ek circus toe en dit het my n jaar en half gevat!As ek op die plaas is desember moet jy vir my kom kuier! (^^)
REDROMAN
Whats the right frequency?
Whats the right frequency?

Postby REDROMAN » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:58 am

As jy eers begin het - sal jy NOOIT ophou nie.Dit is n tydsame proses vir baie - maar druk deur - dit is die moeite werd.
Aliwal North
Aquilla ZU-BZC
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:00 am

I feel for you mate, its tough sometimes and looking back I am very glad I did not give up.

It took me over a year to do my licence, went solo at around 15 hrs and then.... the schools trike was involved in an accident. Sat for 3 months without a plane :wink: Eventually got going again but I could only afford to do about an hour a week or so. Took me 34 Hrs total time to get my licence, one year and two months.

But I would do it all over again if I had to! (^^) Keep your head up and keep going! 10 hrs in you have a long way to go but there are advantages to taking your time. You will experience a wider variety of wind/weather conditions by taking longer and this can only aid you when you take to the skies on your own. I know its frustrating and you will HATE the circuit by the time you finish but its all worth it in the end.... 8)

I hope you come right.... KEEP GOING!!!!! ##
greenleader

Postby greenleader » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:57 pm

REDROMAN wrote:As jy eers begin het - sal jy NOOIT ophou nie.Dit is n tydsame proses vir baie - maar druk deur - dit is die moeite werd.
Baie waar woorde.

I have started again. "Problems " of the past has been sorted out. vhpy vhpy vhpy vhpy vhpy
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:41 pm

greenleader wrote:
REDROMAN wrote:As jy eers begin het - sal jy NOOIT ophou nie.Dit is n tydsame proses vir baie - maar druk deur - dit is die moeite werd.
Baie waar woorde.

I have started again. "Problems " of the past has been sorted out. vhpy vhpy vhpy vhpy vhpy
That's great news.... (!!) Best of luck to you!

Come pop in to Tedderfield on the 4th and come get into the "gees" again! (^^)
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Baie bly dat jy aanhou!Een van die dae vlieg ons die dewetsdorp roete!!
ZS-NEL
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby ZS-NEL » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:44 am

You must remember that trikes are recreational flying and 98% of instructors have full time jobs and can only fly on weekends and so also most students. This is the biggest reason except weather of course that can delay the process. I am available during weekdays but not many students are so weekends you have to juggle 10 -15 students to try and get everyone a slot. I have trained two pilots from scratch to license in Tanzania in just under 40 days and we could not even fly everyday. Some days I was flying 8 hours (4 hours each student). In Tanzania there is no Microlight category and the min hours to be flown is 40 hours to obtain your license. I reckon you can complete training in just over two weeks full time if you have perfect weather. :wink: