Training in Port Elizabeth?

Questions about training in general, syllabus', requirements etc
fred stemmett
First solo

Re: Training in Port Elizabeth?

Postby fred stemmett » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Which minors( plural ) are you referring to Bryan. And where the hell do you get your information. Your allegation is exactly the kind of thing I refer to. People who usually do 5 hours a year who involve themselves with things that have NOTHING to do with them. In the past year I have flown 75 hours. In a trike. Around the patch and crass country. Your common sense should tell you that the more hours you spend in the air the greater your exposure to danger. I accept that exposure. And accept the danger involved. I qualified as a trike pilot in 1999. I have had one forced landing. Successful and one precautionary landing. And many many hours of happy safe flying. If you are for one moment under the impression that a valid ATF will save your life you are sadly mistaken. Lots of flying saves your life. Spending Sunday mornings Practising engine outs. Over and over and over. That might save your life. A valid ATF will not help an incompetent pilot one little bit.
fred stemmett
First solo

Postby fred stemmett » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Which minors( plural ) are you referring to Bryan. And where the hell do you get your information. Your allegation is exactly the kind of thing I refer to. People who usually do 5 hours a year who involve themselves with things that have NOTHING to do with them. In the past year I have flown 75 hours. In a trike. Around the patch and crass country. Your common sense should tell you that the more hours you spend in the air the greater your exposure to danger. I accept that exposure. And accept the danger involved. I qualified as a trike pilot in 1999. I have had one forced landing. Successful and one precautionary landing. And many many hours of happy safe flying. If you are for one moment under the impression that a valid ATF will save your life you are sadly mistaken. Lots of flying saves your life. Spending Sunday mornings Practising engine outs. Over and over and over. That might save your life. A valid ATF will not help an incompetent pilot one little bit.
bryan
Whats the right frequency?

Postby bryan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Firstly I never said that by following rules no accidents would happen. I DID say rules were there for making flying safer. Disregarding them is at your peril. By the way I flew more than 100hrs last year and the year before and the year before that!!Your "minors' Have nothing to do with me as a person but as a pilot who at some time might share the air with you gives me concern . If you want to disregard the good common sense rules made for all of us you WILL be a danger to other pilots in the air. This is not an attack on you but your view of rule breaking is a NO NO for pilots who share the air with others. A valid ATF will not save your life but at least someone with experience has double checked my trike for harline fractures and the like. What might save my life is doing what the rules say and that is doing a proper preflight and checking that for instance the rear seat seat belt is buckled securely so that it cannot fly up into the prop or suchlike. simple rules WILL save damage and perhaps lives.
fred stemmett
First solo

Postby fred stemmett » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:15 am

Exactly the kind of nanny attitude I refer to. Read my posts carefully.
Alpha
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Alpha » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:21 am

A little thing I seem to pick up from all of this that I think everyone seems to be missing is that yes....accidents do happen, but these accidents are related to rules that have not been adhered to or broken in some way. Rules are there to prevent anarchy...total discord or chaos will rule without any form of rule or regulation.

Just my 2 cents
Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory - Flying is making moments, memories

ZS-WGT
ZU-AAS
Proud member of The Chain Gang
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18311
http://www.facebook.com/groups/574736389205283/
Emiel Thysse
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby Emiel Thysse » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:40 pm

Guys all I want is training in Uitenhage/P.E.
It will save a lot of Time and Money...
Emiel Thysse
bryan

Postby bryan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:47 am

There is still no legal training in PE or Uitenhage. Nearest school at Grahamstown or East London. It is quite a pain to start a Flight School and not financially really rewarding with low numbers. Speak to Larry at Grahamstown to see how he can assist you
Regards
Bryan Erasmus