AIRSCHOOL SCAM

Questions about training in general, syllabus', requirements etc
African Grey
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

AIRSCHOOL SCAM

Postby African Grey » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:00 am

All school owners / Operators beware of a person / persons approaching your organisation to train students.

I was approached last week to train 7 Students from the UK / USA.

They ask for bank details, will give you a Credit Card number, ask you to debit the card for your deposit and an additional amount.
Then transfer money GBP 9500 for their “Caretaker”.

If you do a “Google” on the phone number +447011132987 it comes up repeatedly as a 419 scam.

I have yet to receive their details and will be contacting the Police to see if theres an "Internet Scam" Unit we can work with to nail these guys.

Kind Regards
Russell Bird
Russell Bird
Pedal Car.co.za / Ski Blue.co.za
Durban North
African Grey
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Re: AIRSCHOOL SCAM

Postby African Grey » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:33 am

Let's see how THICK this monkey is.......ooooops sorry not the right word to use - Just sent him this email...

Hi Jim,

Kindly forward me the credit card details as soon as possible to effect our transaction and in order to make the GBP 9500 to your Caretaker.

Please could you email me a low resolution pic of yourself holding a name board that I know who I am dealing with

Many thanks again for the business and I look forward to future groups once this is successful

Kind Regards
Russell Bird

russell@rainbowairschool.com
Tel: +27 83 261 4666
Fax: +27 86 548 8684
www.RainbowAirschool.com
Russell Bird
Durban North
KFA
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby KFA » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:48 pm

You guys talking about this guy? Thanks for the tip. I nearly fell for it.

Hello,
Compliments of the day,I want to check availability for private Triking training (lessons) in your facility ,for a group of 7 adults for 2 weeks or more,depending on the routine of your classes,this classes will run through the month of Nov. 2010 to Dec. between the dates 15/11/2010 to 29/11/2010,if my request is granted,i would be glad to also make plans for training kits if possible or necessary, confirm as well if supplies can be made for the group for there training with you,feel free to make references to us about hotels,guest houses close to your training facility or site ,please advise.What are your payment option?Do you accept 50% deposit via credit cards?Get back to me in details with necessary information we need to know,enclose the total cost of your services.

Regards
Jim Black
United Kingdom
+447011132987
Luck-The moment when preparation meets opportunity.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"Opportunity Is Missed By Most Because It Is Dressed in Overalls and Looks Like Work." - Thomas Alva Edison
BUSHPILOTS FLY TAILDRAGGERS
Failure is not the opposite of success, it is the stepping stone for success
andrepieterse
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby andrepieterse » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:32 pm

I also fell for this about 4 years ago. I gave them my bank details and they deposited a lot more money than I quoted for service. They faxed proof of payment and then phoned my secretary a short while later saying they paid someone's salary into my account by mistake would I please pay the balance back to them and gave account details. The guy even gave his name and his cell no (This was before RICA. Not that that wouldv'e stopped them). I phoned my bank and traced the payment and could they even give me the name of the person whose cheque was paid into my account and confirmed that it was a stolen cheque and would bounce in about 24 hrs. They advised my to not let the callers know that I am on to them and report it to the police because they cannot lay any charges. I was to lay the charge myself and had to gather all necessary evidence before charge would be accepted by SAPD.

Eventually after the tenth phone call from from the perpetrator I spoke to him mysellf and said can only pay the money back after 10 days. I never heard from him again. The next day the cheque bounced and I was charged R60 fees by my bank for the bouncing (No surprise here). The did not argue when I wanted my R60 back and I got that back immediately.

Interesting experience.
Andre
African Grey
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby African Grey » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:24 am

Jim Black called me yesterday.......!

I want to at least get the Credit Card Numbers he is using that I can then contact Mastercard / VISA / Diners or whoever and the Police to see if we can save somebody cash and shake this monkey's tree.

Russell
Russell Bird
Durban North
KFA
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby KFA » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:49 am

I asked him how much each student weighed :roll: and to send me the names of the 7 pilots with some medical and flying background. :wink: Also told him that we do not accept credit cards and we can discuss payment options after I have evaluated each potential student. 8) Needless to say I haven't heard from him yet. (-)
Luck-The moment when preparation meets opportunity.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"Opportunity Is Missed By Most Because It Is Dressed in Overalls and Looks Like Work." - Thomas Alva Edison
BUSHPILOTS FLY TAILDRAGGERS
Failure is not the opposite of success, it is the stepping stone for success
C205
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby C205 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Sounds very similar to an e-mail received at our skydiving club. A group of foreign tourists, want to train etc, etc. Enquiring about accommodation, dates of arrival...
Fortunately we were warned about this and were not caught, but it seems to be going around. Their stories get better and better.
Quicksilver MXII ZS-VAP
Quicksilver MXII ZU-BOW
FAWI 123.5
Alkemac
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Alkemac » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:22 pm

for a laugh...

http://www.419eater.com/

vhpy
ZU-DODO
African Grey
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby African Grey » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:53 pm

You gotta have a read at http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com
See how the site got started and you will see how persistent an THICK they are.

Anyway I am copying and pasting from the site and will correspond till it falls apart.

Here's an sample of some of the "Cr*p" I've sent to him.....

"We sell adult toys. Things like butt plugs, rubber dildos, and lube. It's a worthy cause.
In your email, you mention that you know my Nigerian friend. How do you know Starvin Marvin? He is a good boy but he owes me money. If you see him, tell him to keep his end of the deal or I will have to discipline him. I met him through Sally Struthers. I also hold that fat bitch responsible.
Anyway, tell me about yourself MR JIM BLACK......Would I know your wife?"

More later
Cheers
Russell Bird
Durban North
bobthebuilder
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby bobthebuilder » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:21 pm

It's not just in aviation.

We had a similar incident whereby, someone claiming to work for one of our customers "accidently" paid the wrong supplier. He even sent us a deposit slip reflecting our banking details, and the amount deposited. He asked that we please return the money before his boss found out.

We also didn't fall for it.

It must me a numbers game for them. For every 1000 atempts, I wonder how many people fall for it globally each year.
There must be enough suckers out there for them to continue doing it.
Byron Kirkland
African Grey
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby African Grey » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:10 pm

I got an email this weekend saying I most likely need a "Penis Extension......I was a bit depressed.......but then got invited to become friends with "Crystal" on Facebook - wife not too chuffed with that, but all good..........I just Won $10,000,000 in the British Columbia Lottery......Yehhhhhhhhaaaaa....!

Can't get through to the Nigerian Number to claim my Prize though.

Anyway Flying is still brilliant...
Russell Bird
Durban North
Mogas
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Mogas » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:32 pm

Entertaining stuff this but can be very time consuming.
I know of someone who strung them along for WEEKS and finally scammed them into accepting to pay the DHL costs of a crate of cell phones and laptops sent to them in Lagos from the USA.
The crate of stuff was nothing more than a big box of bricks.
Would have been great to see and hear the angry chimp actions and sounds when they gleefully opened the crate.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nottaquitta