Just resuming training

Questions about training in general, syllabus', requirements etc
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Just resuming training

Postby Bundy » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi everyone, I am new to this wonderful world of trikes and thought I'd just introduce myself. I am currently about to resume my training a JAG airfield on a "new" Aquilla Blue Top 582. Currently on around 19 hours and went solo a few weeks before my training plane ZU-CGD was involved in an accident. ( I was relieved not to be in it at the time) Two month break from the air and I must admit I will probably be a bit rusty when I go up again. Cant wait though!
Big-D
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Just resuming training

Postby Big-D » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:56 am

Cewl - ENjoy it

You flying with Anton? One of the best instructors around, did my first couple of hours with him, and again did a refresher with him when I had about 150 hours
Big D
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:58 pm

welcome (^^) (^^)
Greg Perkins
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:11 pm

Big D wrote:Cewl - ENjoy it

You flying with Anton? One of the best instructors around, did my first couple of hours with him, and again did a refresher with him when I had about 150 hours
Yeah I am hey!, You not the first one to tell me that either! Unfortunately he is not yet fit to fly, He got a big smack in the face when the trike went down. ( Not his fault at all) Damn wheel came off as he touched down. I will continue with John Grobler untill he is well again.

Shot!
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:44 am

Went up for the first time yesterday since June! What a terrible session! I feel like I'm back to square one, landings were dodgy to say the least. Must admit it will take a while to get used to the "new" trike the school has now. They have set the wing all the way back and it is so sensitive on the flare. Kept doing stupid little pop ups. Lets hope next session is better.
:( :( :(
Pat Two
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby Pat Two » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:06 pm

Hey Alan...

Don't knock yourself. Landings are challenging but once it "clicks"... You'll find yourself smiling about how it seems to come naturally.

Good luck with the rest of the training and ENJOY!

Give it horns,
Jaco
Jaco P.
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:54 am

Going a lot better now after getting a bit more practise in. Pity the early morning conditions have kept us grounded for over a week now! Weather forecast predicts no change any time soon either! :( :(

I think its the heat we are going through at the moment, It really needs to rain here in PTA, Had a few drops last night but not enough. Normally get great flying weather the morning just after a storm.

About 10 Hrs to go still plus the skills test and Raasa Exams. ## ## ## .... Amper , amper ,amper!
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:30 pm

Pleased to hear it is going well Alan... keep it up! (^^)
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:26 am

Raasa Exams today. :? :?

Hold thumbs guys! :lol: :lol:
Zigzag
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Zigzag » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:13 pm

Hey Alan

Hope it goes well, please keep us/me informed as to how it went because I will be having to do them as well at some point in the future. :)
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:49 pm

Passed! 8) 8)

Was not as bad as I thought they would be. Just gotta finish the solo hours now and the skill test and hopefully will be done by end November. This wind has kept me grounded for over two weeks now ## ##
Zigzag
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Zigzag » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 am

Ditto
The wind has kept me grounded for the last 2 weeks as well. :( Did you do all the exams in one day and how long was it to do them all, hour wise? OH and congratulations on passing. (^^) (^^)
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:53 am

Hi Zig zag, yeah I forgot you were based at Rhino so prob having the same wind problem ha ha. The exams are all written on the net, while logged on at your flight school. (Apparently some people like to cheat so they need to check up on you) :lol:

Six subjects as per handbook and you have 50 min per subject to complete. I took just under an hour to complete all six so no need to worry about time mate. Read the questions slowly and carefully, very easy to get cofused as they are multiple choice. Airlaw probably the worst. You may think that engines subject is an easy one but learn chom, it nearly stumped me a few times.

I managed to get airborne this morning for about 40 min before the conditions got a too hectic. Was good crosswind landing practise and to be honest, learning to fly in bad weather is not a bad thing. Starting to kak myself a little less in these conditions. :lol: :lol: Did my preflight at 05h00 with a bloody torch!

Hope you take off soon. (^^)
Zigzag
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Zigzag » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:50 pm

Thanks for the info, at least one has a small idea of what to expect come the time. I'm hoping to be up tomorrow (weather permitting).
Have a fab day and fly safe
Cheers Kevin (^^)
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:48 pm

By the way Kevin, Keep an eye out on the anouncenments section for the S+R presentation that DH is organising. Hopefully I will meet up with you there. (^^)