BushBaby Training

Questions about training in general, syllabus', requirements etc
OzGyro
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

BushBaby Training

Postby OzGyro » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:43 am

Hi All

Guys can someone please tell me is it possible to train for your NPL/SPL(whichever they call it now) in a Bushbaby Taildragger?? I have seen a couple up for sale and am just wondering if it is possible to be trained in your own aircraft, if so who do I need to be talking too in regard to this?? Also keeping in mind I am in the JoBurg area.

Cheers
Darren
old no 7
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Re: BushBaby Training

Postby old no 7 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:54 am

Hi Darren,
Cyril Manser,operating from Rhino Park (remember we flew over there) is one of the best tailie instructors around. You can use your own plane.
His cell number was published on microlighters a few days ago
Rgds
Glen
ZU-f-ALL
KFA
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby KFA » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Guys can someone please tell me is it possible to train for your NPL/SPL(whichever they call it now) in a Bushbaby Taildragger??
Answer is yes, you can do your LSA lisence on it. Give Cyril a call as per the above or come spend a couple of days at Komatipoort and we will teach you chop chop. (^^)
Luck-The moment when preparation meets opportunity.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"Opportunity Is Missed By Most Because It Is Dressed in Overalls and Looks Like Work." - Thomas Alva Edison
BUSHPILOTS FLY TAILDRAGGERS
Failure is not the opposite of success, it is the stepping stone for success
Aerosan
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Aerosan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:53 pm

HI Ozgyro

This is something Ill give for free.....I’m currently doing my conversion onto a taildragger Bushbaby here in Komatie and it is fantastic, from the friendly smile to the training. The guys are knowledgeable and very very helpful. I’m currently flying with Mogas and will do some hours tomorrow with KFA.

I think you’ll do yourself a favor to come down here and do the training with the factory.
Cheers
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
KFA
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby KFA » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:12 pm

This is something Ill give for free.....I’m currently doing my conversion onto a taildragger Bushbaby here in Komatie and it is fantastic, from the friendly smile to the training. The guys are knowledgeable and very very helpful. I’m currently flying with Mogas and will do some hours tomorrow with KFA.

I think you’ll do yourself a favor to come down here and do the training with the factory.
Ya, I hope the Duck is not snuggled up to tightly against you tonight...... :lol: :lol: :lol: (**) Sorry I just had to (-)
Luck-The moment when preparation meets opportunity.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"Opportunity Is Missed By Most Because It Is Dressed in Overalls and Looks Like Work." - Thomas Alva Edison
BUSHPILOTS FLY TAILDRAGGERS
Failure is not the opposite of success, it is the stepping stone for success
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Cyril or Marc Gregson at Panorama IIRC.
4 Sale (will trade)
P166S, Jodel, hangar and other odds and sods
Radial - http://tiny.cc/eppqp
Still @ The Coves (Harties) but dream has died
Duck Rogers
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Duck Rogers » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:08 pm

KFA wrote:

Ya, I hope the Duck is not snuggled up to tightly against you tonight...... :lol: :lol: :lol: (**) Sorry I just had to (-)
Was too damn hot to snuggle up to Sanna.......and anyways he farted so much I had to go sleep on the other bed. vhpy vhpy

You guys have a great facility there at Komatipoort and the hospitality was tops too !!!! !!!!
Will be back for my tailie conversion when the time comes. Hopefully Boet will then get off my case regarding the sissy-wheel (**)
Airspeed, altitude, or brains....you always need at least two
Mogas
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Mogas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:43 pm

It was good to finally put faces to Duck and San. Nice guys.
Good luck with the Soobie Exp.
Looking forward to meeting again.
Mogas
Nottaquitta
Aerosan
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Aerosan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:58 am

Duck Rogers wrote:
KFA wrote:

Was too damn hot to snuggle up to Sanna.......and anyways he farted so much I had to go sleep on the other bed. vhpy vhpy

You guys have a great facility there at Komatipoort and the hospitality was tops too !!!! !!!!
Will be back for my tailie conversion when the time comes. Hopefully Boet will then get off my case regarding the sissy-wheel (**)

No No no no no who in here is always full of hot air:!: :!: :!: Old Rubber Duck must watch out not to become "peeking duck" ## (**)
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.