Questions regarding Part 141/62/96

Questions about training in general, syllabus', requirements etc
Gerber
Thinking of flying

Questions regarding Part 141/62/96

Postby Gerber » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:07 am

Hi guys

I would appreciate guidance on two questions that I’ve got:

1.Does conducting Part 62 training under Part 141 constitute a Part 96 operation, or is this a separate section? If not, do aircraft engaged under Part 141 still need to comply with Annex A of Part 24 (Airworthiness: NTCA) of the CATS (Vol3)? This section stipulates the minimum requirements for annual inspections and mandatory 25hr inspections. What I’m trying to establish is if non-Part 96 NTCA need to comply with this.

2.A Manual of Procedure for an ATO requires a Suspension Policy, when you need to ‘wash’ a student. Is this point determined by law, or is this a company policy? I can’t find anything in the Regs.

Any boffins out there who can shed some light on this? :?:
KFA
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Re: Questions regarding Part 141/62/96

Postby KFA » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Gerber wrote:Hi guys

1.Does conducting Part 62 training under Part 141 constitute a Part 96 operation, or is this a separate section?
Simple NO. Part 96 is something seperate. Part 96 usually means among other things that you will be taking of and landing from the same runway, The moment you have an away landing it becomes a charter operation.

The same airworthiness requirements for both 141 and 96.
Regards
Stefan
Luck-The moment when preparation meets opportunity.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"Opportunity Is Missed By Most Because It Is Dressed in Overalls and Looks Like Work." - Thomas Alva Edison
BUSHPILOTS FLY TAILDRAGGERS
Failure is not the opposite of success, it is the stepping stone for success