RealTi - real time information from outdoor locations

Suppliers of aircraft, accessories or services
ndiza
Found a flight school

RealTi - real time information from outdoor locations

Postby ndiza » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:01 pm

RealTi is committed to assisting pilots, by making airfield information available via SMS to your mobile phone...

In addition to offering real time weather; we now also offer the following airfield information, to help pilots plan their flights:

• General airfield information;
• Co-ordinates & radio frequency;
• Hazard information;
• Extra runway & joining;
• Airfield amenities.

A new designated number has been implemented to accommodate the upgrades. Please replace the old number(s) with it. We suggest saving this new number in your phone’s address book, under ‘RealTi’.

The NEW number is 36969

Existing services have been migrated to this number; old numbers will be deactivated...

To get the desired information:

Simply prepare an SMS;
Type the location code;
Leave a space;
Add the category code;
Send this message to 36969

Wait for the response…

For example:
SMS microl h to 36969 to get Hazard information from Microland, or
SMS solitu c to 36969 to get Co-ordinates & Radio Frequency from Solitude / Tedderfield

Helpful Functions (including how to find LOCATION & CATEGORY Codes):
search function – To find the desired location code, simply type the keyword [space] search.
For example, send panorama search to 36969, to find the code for Panorama airfield.

help function – For a list of category codes, simply SMS help to 36969.

nearest function - Allows users to receive codes of the 4 nearest airfields. Simply type location code [space] nearest.
For example, send Balito nearest to 36969.

Airfield Information is provided by Jan & Elzabe Coetzee, and is based on the contents of their book Microlight Airfields in South Africa, edition 2, 2004. http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/jan-elz/af2-home.htm

The information is used entirely at the user’s own risk & is subject to the disclaimer carried in their book and on our website www.realti.co.za

Localized real time weather data is monitored by our autonomous Weather Stations which we can sell or lease to users of remote / outdoor locations.

Feel free to e-mail smulhol@iafrica.com with your comments, thoughts or suggestions.

Please visit www.realti.co.za for a step-by-step explanation of how to use the service and how to interpret the data that gets sent back to you. You can also contact Stephen on +27 82 600 5881 to find out more.

Please inform us of technical problems.
Stephen (ZU-BTR)
www.realti.co.za
Mobile +27 82 600 5881
ndiza
Found a flight school

Weather Stations

Postby ndiza » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:55 pm

No worries, Demon ... We have weather stations at the following sites (have added location codes in brackets):

Circus Airfield - Vereeniging / Jhb south (circus)
Miocroland / ERMF - Bapsfontein (microl)
Rhino Park Airfield - Pretoria (rhinop)
Lanseria Airport - Johannesburg (fala)
Tzaneen Airport – Tzaneen (fatz)
Catamaran Club - Bronkhorspruit Dam (catc)
Rhodes Mountain - Eastern Cape (rhodes)

We're going to try and get some more in the Cape, Natal & Mpumalanga in the (hopefully) not too distant future :)

To get the code airfield code of any other airfield (to access information categories, other than weather), users can simply send the airifeld's name & search to 36969, e.g. Virginia search to 36969, will return the code.

SMS help to 36969 to get a list of other information category codes.

Thanks!
Stephen (ZU-BTR)
www.realti.co.za
Mobile +27 82 600 5881
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Weather Data

Postby ZULU1 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:46 pm

I like this idea as its user friendly. I intend to install web cam and link my weather station to the web page so it will be possible to view the Salt Rock Beach, my windsock and the mostly "white water" plus the occasional whale. Does anybody know what software is required for this service. I am sorted for the weather and webcam but SMS service "mina angaas".
Paul
Centrifugal force in pure Physics does not exist, however this does not apply to Taxi drivers..
krusty
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Re: Weather Data

Postby krusty » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:41 pm

ZULU1 wrote:I like this idea as its user friendly. I intend to install web cam and link my weather station to the web page so it will be possible to view the Salt Rock Beach, my windsock and the mostly "white water" plus the occasional whale. Does anybody know what software is required for this service. I am sorted for the weather and webcam but SMS service "mina angaas".
Paul
Zulu. Depends what you want to do. I'm in Ballito - PM me sometime and we can stop by at the Keg for a cold one and I'll explain it all to you. There are many, many options, and a lot of it depends on how you plan to use the system.
http://www.adultlounge.co.za
Ignore my spelling, I'm probably drunk.