HKS Motor

Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such)
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

HKS Motor

Postby ZULU1 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:39 am

Hi All again, have a look at the HKS aviation japan website, it is quite informative. If you fit to an Aquilla I have the "correct" engine mount dxf. files and can get laser cut for you. This will allow the motor to sit lower, however since i built mine HKS make a horizontal manifold which gives a few more hp i understand. This will shift the motor back slightly. I mounted the oil coolers (then removed one) on the wheel struts which is different to Aidens installation. If you are using in Jhb. it is suggested that you use a 80 inch prop as it will clear easily with the added height the motor has, the HKS torque curve allows a much larger prop than a 582. I have done some work on my own ignition system to allow a progressive advance at speed but havent had time to complete it (to allow a advance in excess of 10 degrees) this I planned to map and would give a few extra hp. I understand that the Italians have turbocharged it with good results. I will probably be changing oil over the weekend (92 hrs) what a pleasure, I use Shell Ultra Synthetic and takes 5 litres, oil filter is ZAR 42,00 !! no other service required. Obviously the K&N filters get cleaned every 25 hrs.

Good Luck Paul
Centrifugal force in pure Physics does not exist, however this does not apply to Taxi drivers..