Aerotrike Safari Hangpoint

Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such)
DarkHelmet
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Aerotrike Safari Hangpoint

Postby DarkHelmet » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:07 pm

I moved mine a notch forward this weekend! After 75hrs flying with it right at the back I felt that hanging on to the bar for all I got was just not worth it.

5 minutes later the adjustment was made and at 16:00 I was staring at the windsock... SCARY stuff!!! Steady! I decided to venture out and test the "wind".

I took off and all but almost literally shat my pants... 100% concentration all the way, put her down text book style and was baffled beyond belief, made an about turn and taxied back on runway 31...

In review of my flight I said to myself, that was actually NOT SOOOO BAD. Got to the holding point, made a call, took off and flew until sunset!
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:38 pm

Yeah a pal of mine took ianrw's advise and moved his forward one notch too. Instant 5-7mph improvement in speed, but requires a faster approach on landing. (so he says, I'm not a trike flyer)
Greg Perkins
Cloud Warrior
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Cloud Warrior » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:22 am

So to get the right balance you need to start from the back and slowly move it forward?