Inhibiting a 582

Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such)
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Inhibiting a 582

Postby skybound® » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:23 am

What is the correct procedure to inhibit a two stroke motor? Motor will be very close to the ocean for about six weeks and will not be started in that time.

Does one just remove the airfilter and inject two stroke oil while it is running and choke it down?
Aviation Engines
First solo

Postby Aviation Engines » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:39 am

"Does one just remove the airfilter and inject two stroke oil while it is running and choke it down?"

Yes this is correct. In addition you should drain the complete fuel system including the tank. Cover the air filters and the exhaust outlet.

A more detailed explanation is in the engine Operators Manual, advise me of your e-mail address and I can forward the relevant pages to you.

Regards
Niren Chotoki
Aviation Engines & Acc
Regards
Niren
Aviation Engines & Accessories
IFLYHI
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby IFLYHI » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:31 am

No it does not glide- it FLIES
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby skybound® » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:08 pm

Do you have to evenly inject two stroke into each inlet, or can you inject and choke via one inlet?
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby skybound® » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:50 am

Was also thinking, would it choke it down sufficiently if you were to manually open the oil pump all the way, at idle?
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby skybound® » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:33 am

Thought I would provide some feedback after my inhibiting exercise.

I purchased two 60ml syringes from the local chemist to assist with the injection of raw 2 stroke into the carbs whilst the engine was running.

I filled both syringes with oil and had a silicon tubing running from the syringe into the opening of the carb (by now I had already removed the air filter).

I started the motor and injected all 120 ml within about 5 seconds at idle. The motor refused to quit.

I killed the mags and refilled my weapons and repeated the exercise.

It would still not quit even though the 582 had ingested all the oil again. I however had made quite a significant smoke screen around myself and breathing was becoming difficult :wink: .

I killed the motor about 3 seconds after the last drops of the second set of ammo had been ingested and decided that I sure this inhibiting should be sufficient for the motors journey.