Trike pitot static check for ATF

Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such)
Papa Romeo
Looking at the sky

Trike pitot static check for ATF

Postby Papa Romeo » Fri May 31, 2019 9:18 am

Morning all,

According to the CAA CA 24-03 Application for the Renewal of an Authority to Fly NTCA, the requirement for application requires a Pitot Static check as per CATS 44 Annex A, 1.3.

Item 4 states, 'Check altimeters and airspeed indicators for accuracy'

Has anyone submitted and received the Authority to Fly for their trike in the past few weeks, where a Pitot Static check has been done?

If so, was the check done by the AP or AMO, how and who (in the Pretoria area)?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Trike pitot static check for ATF

Postby gertcoetzee » Fri May 31, 2019 10:28 am

Mark,

I submitted my paperwork weeks ago, and although my AP is not certified to do those tests, CAA then unofficially gave those APs permission to do the pitot and compass tests. However, they need equipment (for the pitot) and he has been unable to source it. The other instructor (and AP) within 200km of my trike says the RAASA did not transfer his AP-certification to CAA so his hands are tied. Another AP close to me has told my AP he also cannot do it. CAA (Johan Anderson) said that CAA will publish a list of APs, which has not happened.

So my paperwork is in limbo, and my hope is that MISASA comes to the rescue.

Gert
flyingdutchman
Pre flight checks done

Re: Trike pitot static check for ATF

Postby flyingdutchman » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:15 am

We can do Pitot/Statics and compass swings and supply a CRMA which is accepted at RAASA and SACAA
Call EAS
011 701 3500
We are based at Lanseria airport and have some trike and other LSA test equipment

We can also assist in Avionics,Radios and Antennas :)

http://www.eavionics.co.za/