Glass to Analogue Conversion

Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such)
Sulaco
Found a flight school

Glass to Analogue Conversion

Postby Sulaco » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:33 am

I am throwing out the Amptronic Skydat GX2 currently in my Bushbaby and replacing with good old analogue instruments. Reason is that I despise glass panels and boring digital displays. Jam-packed with all kinds of info but they are also a single point of failure that could make you wind up in big doo-doo.

The unit is currently connected to a Rotax 912 ULS. I am in the process of acquiring analogue Flight and Engine Instruments but I am not sure about a number of things though:

1. How do I identify the types of Probes (CHT, EGT, OIL) currently connected between the Engine and Skydat Unit i.e. VDO or standard Rotax type so that I can order the correct Instruments for the corresponding Probes?
2. Will the analogue Altimeter and VSI require a Static Vent or can they use cabin static pressure?
3. Will I have to make any changes to the Pitot Tube to accommodate the new analogue Altimeter?

I will appreciate it very much if someone can give me some sound advise.

Best,
I'm a Pio...
I'm a Pya...
I'm a Pyl...
...I Fly Planes
WILL2468
Looking at the sky

Re: Glass to Analogue Conversion

Postby WILL2468 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:52 am

hi is your skydat gx 2 still aviable ? willie vd berg cel no 0824684321
(^^)
klein
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Re: Glass to Analogue Conversion

Postby klein » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:46 am

Sulaco wrote:I am throwing out the Amptronic Skydat GX2 currently in my Bushbaby and replacing with good old analogue instruments. Reason is that I despise glass panels and boring digital displays. Jam-packed with all kinds of info but they are also a single point of failure that could make you wind up in big doo-doo.

Best,

Send you PM (^^)
I have slipped the surely bonds of earth, and danced the sky’s on laughter-silvered wings ------- Keith Ferris