EGT probe

Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such)
PJB
Pre flight checks done

EGT probe

Postby PJB » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:15 pm

One of my probe wires has pulled out of the sensor on the exhaust. Is there a way I can fix this? (I also need a new gauge)

Also I need to adjust the pitch on my prop. It rev to high. What degrees will be a good setting. it is on a Safari Spirit 2 trike with a 582 blue top. it is a 3 blade Warp drive prop.
tigger_na
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Re: EGT probe

Postby tigger_na » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:34 pm

Dear PJB

Most, if not all, EGT probes are thermocouples which depend on the jointing of dissimilar metals at the tip. They can seldom be repaired, especially not between the cold junction and the tip. My advice is to get a new one. MGL Avionics or Comet Aviation Supplies should be able to help you and they're not that expensive, even I could afford a new one last year.

Blue skies
Arthur
PJB
Pre flight checks done

Re: EGT probe

Postby PJB » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:52 pm

Hallo Arthur

Thanks for your reply. The meter is also not working. Somebody wanted to test it, before I bought it, and put 12V direct on the meter. Sure you know what happened. I got a quote for 2 probes and a meter. R2300. will have to replace, no other option.

Thanks again
Pieter