GPS III Pilot Internal Battery - rechargable?

Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such)
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

GPS III Pilot Internal Battery - rechargable?

Postby mulderpm » Wed May 28, 2014 10:59 am

Does anyone know if a Garmin GPS III Pilot is suppose to have a rechargable internal battery in it for the memory backup or should it be non rechargable. My GPS III Plus has a rechargable - VL1220 (Panasonic) and my GPS III has a non rechargable - BR2032. The unit is second hand and who knows it's history. It has a BR2032 fitted, which is now flat....is that the correct battery? :(

I know it is very difficult to get the rechargable type and many units have erroniously been fitted with non rechargables. ##

If it requires a rechargable, where can I buy it?
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Re: GPS III Pilot Internal Battery - rechargable?

Postby mulderpm » Wed May 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Ok, thanks Deon. It uses a BR2032...non rechargeable. vhpy The BR has a slightly higher spec in terms of capacity/self discharge and max temperature in comparison to the CR. I will go for the CR which is easily sourced. (^^)
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Re: GPS III Pilot Internal Battery - rechargable?

Postby mulderpm » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:37 am

S&P Powerunits in Pretoria will fit tags to any battery. The fitted tags to a CR2032 for me.

I am also still looking for a supplier of the Panasonic VL1220 (re-chargable) used in the GPS III plus and the VARTA MC621 3.0 mAh (re-chargable) used in the GPSMap 276C and the 196. Anyone know where I can source them in SA?
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria