two blade prop vs 3 blade aeros prop

Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such)
in the sticks
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

two blade prop vs 3 blade aeros prop

Postby in the sticks » Mon May 12, 2014 1:03 pm

i have a rotax 503 with an E gearbox and have a problem with my aeros props that we just cant seem to get them balanced perfectly.At full revs i get a vibration.I have been thinking of fitting a Pieter de necker 2 blade prop onto the plane.Will the performance be just as good??Ihave sent the aeros props off for balancing twice and just cant seem to get them right.Anyone using the two blade De necker are you happy with it???
John.com
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Broederstroom (Magaliesberg) - home airstrip Aeroden

Re: two blade prop vs 3 blade aeros prop

Postby John.com » Mon May 12, 2014 2:16 pm

in the sticks wrote:i have a rotax 503 with an E gearbox and have a problem with my aeros props that we just cant seem to get them balanced perfectly.At full revs i get a vibration.I have been thinking of fitting a Pieter de necker 2 blade prop onto the plane.Will the performance be just as good??Ihave sent the aeros props off for balancing twice and just cant seem to get them right.Anyone using the two blade De necker are you happy with it???
I converted from Aeroprop to PProp! Great decision. Great torque and good fuel efficiency. Call Pieter on 011 793 5235. Tell him I sent you! :wink:

Regards, John
John Comley
ZU-BST (the Beautiful Seductive Temptress)
Magaliesberg, South Africa
Read my flying blog here . . . http://johncomley.blogspot.com/

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Mon May 12, 2014 4:34 pm

If you want a wood prop I may have one for you. As good as new.

Zero ate one for too 7 double ate too sex (**)

You also have another option to fit a locally produced 3 blade composite NC prop. I am using one and it is excellent.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
in the sticks
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby in the sticks » Tue May 13, 2014 9:22 am

Thanks John, I will do that