iEFIS Explorer Navigation & Checklist help please

Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such)
Kogs
Looking at the sky

iEFIS Explorer Navigation & Checklist help please

Postby Kogs » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:24 pm

I am hoping to find an MGL EFIS Guru out there. I've had no response from the MGL Forum.

I am unable to delete routes even after deleting all the waypoints in them. When selecting "Delete route" and confirming to delete with "yes", nothing happens.

I am also having trouble importing checklists. I see from another posting that 8.3 file names are required. I have created lists as .txt files in Notepad but it did not work. It was suggested to rename the files .clr but again no luck.

There are only places for 8 items per checklist. If the down arrow is pressed then 9 -16 appears as an overlay on 1 - 8.

Any solutions?
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Re: iEFIS Explorer Navigation & Checklist help please

Postby Tumbleweed » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:56 pm

Kogs I'm still battling to install waypoints on route planning. I put a request out to bump into some MGL Explorer boffins at Kitty Hawk tomorrow for some tips.

Will include checklists inquiry.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Kogs
Looking at the sky

Postby Kogs » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:14 pm

Tumbleweed. I also had a problem adding waypoints after creating a route. After pressing the ROUTE soft key, activate the route you want to work on first, then go to edit route. It then opens the options in the right hand panel for append, insert, delete waypoint. Enjoy Kitty hawk.
Ian Cawley
Dobbs
Survived second engine out
Survived second engine out

Postby Dobbs » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:14 pm

I am surprised that you have not had a response from MGL, Ranier has always been very helpful with my queries, admittedly, I have always contacted him by phone.
Kogs
Looking at the sky

Postby Kogs » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:52 pm

Spoke to Rainier - all sorted.
Ian Cawley