Transponder for trike

Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such)
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Transponder for trike

Postby mulderpm » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:12 pm

Bundy wrote:
John Boucher wrote:I heard a birdy squeal that txponders will be compulsory in all controlled airspace sooner than we think... just wish I could confirm this! :roll:
That would be devastating news....I hope the birdie is wrong. :(
The thing will be worth more than my Trike. (**) ...Hope the birdie is deaf and dumb. ##

I have flown into controled airspace with legitamate reasons, and I was never refused. I also did my last Flight Skills test at Brakpan airfield, and the rule for non transponder equiped craft was, stricktly stay below 6000 ft ALT. Hairy, for engine outs! I would imagine if you are based inside a large comercial airports CTR you will be pushed to fit a Transponder. Louis, do you have a Transponder? You talk to Lanseria every time you fly.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Robbie Shaw
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Re: Transponder for trike

Postby Robbie Shaw » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:03 pm

John Boucher wrote:I heard a birdy squeal that txponders will be compulsory in all controlled airspace sooner than we think... just wish I could confirm this! :roll:
John ,,

I really and truly hope your birdie is a stranger to the truth ? Because the cost of transponders or over the top which make tricking that much expensive...eish ## ## ## ## :oops: :(> :( :twisted: (**)
Robbie Shaw. (Rhodie)
Zero seven 2 5 six zero 2 six two seven
ZU-BJU. (Love Machine)
Airmanship No 1