Looking for 53.4mm Diameter Lower boom tube

Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such)
Petrodactyl
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Looking for 53.4mm Diameter Lower boom tube

Postby Petrodactyl » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi all

I have an Aerotrike Spirit II with a bent and twisted lower boom tube - the result of taxying on very rough ground when I landed to help the the pilot who crashed near Ozone on the Wild Coast.

Aerotrike says that they do not carry spares for that model anymore and I am wondering if there is anywhere in South Africa where I could source the tube.

The diameter is 53.4mm

and it has a wall thickness of 3mm

Any Ideas? Help much appreciated
Christian Carver

Go Fly a Trike!

ZU-BBU
Kingfisher
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Re: Looking for 53.4mm Diameter Lower boom tube

Postby Kingfisher » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:15 pm

http://www.hulamin.co.za/, you may have a problem with quantities as they want to sell you a lot.
If you find out if they have the size available, they may be able to tell you which of their customers have it in stock.
You can also contact Placo as it seems to be an imperial size. Make sure you get the correct aluminium type and temper,
you don't want to fly on soft untempered stuff. You can also try Trevor Davies Engineering and Solowings.
ystervark7
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Re: Looking for 53.4mm Diameter Lower boom tube

Postby ystervark7 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:44 pm

There might be one laying around in the hanger. Let me know what length you need and I will take a look next time I am at the hanger.