Mystery 503

Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such)
cutman
Ready for the first flight

Mystery 503

Postby cutman » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:18 pm

Hi Everybody,

I have a Windlass trike that is confokilating me. When it's cold it strarts on the second pull. The mag check 100%,the performance 100% in flight, but switch it off after flight then it will not start.Engine has had a complete overhaul 70 hours ago, carburators where also done. It looks like it's loosing spark. New plugs fitted 2 hours ago.

Anny sugestions

Fly safe
cutman
live to fly.
nickjaxe
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby nickjaxe » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:17 pm

When you say it will not re-start, how long would that be after you have stopped it.

Nick.
What a nice feeling it is being part of such a nice group of people, {Microlighters}
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Mystery 503

Postby vernon11 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:11 pm

I had the same problem a few years ago. Eventually when I found someone who knew what he was doing. We found the resistance values on the ignition system, were up to. If you need more info, contact me direct. vernon11@xsint.co.za.
cheers,
Vernon.

cutman wrote:Hi Everybod

I have a Windlass trike that is confokilating me. When it's cold it strarts on the second pull. The mag check 100%,the performance 100% in flight, but switch it off after flight then it will not start.Engine has had a complete overhaul 70 hours ago, carburators where also done. It looks like it's loosing spark. New plugs fitted 2 hours ago.

Anny sugestions

Fly safe
cutman
cutman
Ready for the first flight

Postby cutman » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:53 am

Hi nickjaxe

Sorry for only replying now. It won't start when the engine is still hot, but I'm speculating-haven't tried when it's cooled down. I'm normally so disgusted that I just put it in the hanger and go home. It's somtimes very embarising when you have people wanting to go for flips and you can only fly the first person.

I've also opened the engine a while ago to check sleeves and in general. Could'nt find anything wrong and closed and retorqued it. The trike has also been rewired completly about 12 hours ago.

Thanks for the interest and happy X-mas to everyboby

Fly safe
live to fly.
nickjaxe
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby nickjaxe » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:16 pm

Hi cutman, what method do you use for warm starts, re choke/throttle positions.

Nick.
What a nice feeling it is being part of such a nice group of people, {Microlighters}