Refer Me Please?

Training schools, clubs, flight operators etc

Moderators: fredblokland, Brian Young

Angel
Found a flight school

Refer Me Please?

Postby Angel » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:33 pm

:) Right so I want to do my MPL, PPL, CPL, and ATPL. I have gotten a quote from the closest airfield near me and the price be R 570,000 and I have to pay upfront the whole amount. :roll: I don't trust this "Have" to pay upfront. So I am looking for a flying school that could assist me with most of these if possible. And that I can trust with my money?Preferably in Pretoria.

xxx Thanks.
coastwise
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Re: Refer Me Please?

Postby coastwise » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:01 am

Hi Angel:

I suggest 43 Air School as the training is brilliant - rated one of the top five schools in the world. SAA, Kenya Airways, Sigmar Aviation, etc. all do their training there. A Private and Multi-Engine Commercial Pilot Licence, with a Multi-Engine Instrument Rating will cost you in the region of R450 000 and includes all your uniforms, study material and accommodation and yes, can be paid on a monthly basis. The only down side to this is that the school is situated in Port Alfred and not Pretoria, but worth looking at if you want good value for your money and a licence that will make you the most employable once qualified. For further info you can contact me (Michelle) on 0845889922.
Aviate Raptor
Learjet
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Learjet » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi Angel,

Ditto Michelle's good advice about 43 Air School's excellent reputation. I'd be very sceptical of any flight school insisting on that sort of total upfront payment.
Dave Lehr
Magni Gyro M22 ZU-EPZ
“You're flying Buzz! No Woody we're falling in style!”
Angel
Found a flight school

Postby Angel » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:21 pm

coastwise wrote:Hi Angel:

I suggest 43 Air School as the training is brilliant - rated one of the top five schools in the world. SAA, Kenya Airways, Sigmar Aviation, etc. all do their training there. A Private and Multi-Engine Commercial Pilot Licence, with a Multi-Engine Instrument Rating will cost you in the region of R450 000 and includes all your uniforms, study material and accommodation and yes, can be paid on a monthly basis. The only down side to this is that the school is situated in Port Alfred and not Pretoria, but worth looking at if you want good value for your money and a licence that will make you the most employable once qualified. For further info you can contact me (Michelle) on 0845889922.
Wow. I am definately considering 43 Air School.
I was just wondering Micelle, do you guys maybe have a web site that I could have a look at?
And or maybe an email address?
I need to start as soon as possible.
Wargames
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Wargames » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:06 pm

Angel wrote: Wow. I am definately considering 43 Air School.
I was just wondering Micelle, do you guys maybe have a web site that I could have a look at?
And or maybe an email address?
I need to start as soon as possible.
http://www.43airschool.com/

PS: Never pay that amount upfront. You are sure to lose out!!

Go and buy SA Flyer or African Pilot magazine. They have ads of flight schools in your area. Other wise go to grand central and lanseria. ask around. get quotes. make decision. get lisence. get girl/guy!! vhpy vhpy

Didn't work for me. Maybe because I'm already married!! ## ##

Enjoy.
The Naked Trike
ZU-AVL
"I hate CIRCLIPS!!"
coastwise
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby coastwise » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:24 pm

Hi Angel:

The website address is www.43airschool.com and my email address is michelle@43airschool.com. I am currently on leave, but will be back in the office on Monday the 12th. Unfortunately, the soonest available starting date is in May. If we have a cancellation, we can maybe arrange a sooner start date for you. Shane, my colleague can send you the standard package in the meantime, so send him your details on my email address. For further queries, please address them to myself from Monday.
Aviate Raptor
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:06 pm

Depends if you want to train full time.

If I'd want to do a ppl I would check out the quiter schools around the fringe of JHB like Springs where you train with little traffic in the circuit.

Spent 45 min on the ground idling at Wonderboom along with about 5 others in training.

" Wonderboom, request taxi instructions to holding point"

"Call back in 30. Call back in 20"

Finally get clearance to holding point only to join 5 others waiting for further instructions. And then you're orbiting for 10 min over Mamelodi to be slotted in to land. (**)

Half your flying time will be spent waiting.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
coastwise
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby coastwise » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:34 pm

None of that waiting nonsence at 43 Airschool :)
Aviate Raptor
Angel
Found a flight school

Postby Angel » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:08 am

http://www.43airschool.com/

PS: Never pay that amount upfront. You are sure to lose out!!

Go and buy SA Flyer or African Pilot magazine. They have ads of flight schools in your area. Other wise go to grand central and lanseria. ask around. get quotes. make decision. get lisence. get girl/guy!! vhpy vhpy

Didn't work for me. Maybe because I'm already married!! ## ##

Enjoy.
I wasn't willing to pay upfront, and have heard alot of stories about people who lost out on paying upfront. That's why I am doing my research now. :)

I buy those magazines every month. But never heard anything good or bad about the people that advertise in them.
I have asked around. Gotten Quotes. Made my desicion. And I will start working on my lisence as soon as possible.

Lol. :lol:

Take care.
Angel
Found a flight school

Postby Angel » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:14 am

Tumbleweed, I hear what you say. I had a friend training at Wonderboom and he had the same problems.
I don't need this type of nonsense. And I think they are wasting training time and money that way. And chasing away referrals. Never the less. Thanks for the advice. I live 2 minutes drive from Wonderboom Airport. But at the end of the day, it wouln't be worth it for me.

:roll: Not to mention the altitudes of their attitudes.
Angel
Found a flight school

Postby Angel » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:20 am

coastwise wrote:Hi Angel:

The website address is http://www.43airschool.com and my email address is michelle@43airschool.com. I am currently on leave, but will be back in the office on Monday the 12th. Unfortunately, the soonest available starting date is in May. If we have a cancellation, we can maybe arrange a sooner start date for you. Shane, my colleague can send you the standard package in the meantime, so send him your details on my email address. For further queries, please address them to myself from Monday.
Hello Michelle. I have visited the website. I'm just wondering why I haven't come across it sooner. ##
I will email some time.

You say May? :shock: Now that is +- 5 months? I will pray for cancellation!
Are the instructors there woman friendly? That's my only concern.
Because a few instructors here don't approve of woman pilots.
My father also considers now joining me. We could do our training together?
coastwise
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby coastwise » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:47 am

Hi Angel

There is no attitude about woman pilots at 43 Air School, in fact there have been a lot of woman trained there. They have a few woman instructors as well. During my training I had male instructors and female. I can definitely as a male say that I prefered the female instructor as they are more patient and thorough with the training. Anyone who has a problem with female pilots, is the problem themselves (EGO).

I hope you enjoy your training where ever you decide to go.

Regards
Dave
Aviate Raptor