My first lesson

Matters of general interest
Big-D
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Big-D » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:32 am

Diesel wrote
Never knew you flew a Safari? I fly an Aquilla 582. What would the diffs be between them?
Not much difference. I think Aquilla is more attractive but my Safari climbs like a far*t in the bath!
DieselFan
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby DieselFan » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:43 am

Big D wrote:Diesel wrote
Never knew you flew a Safari? I fly an Aquilla 582. What would the diffs be between them?
Not much difference. I think Aquilla is more attractive but my Safari climbs like a far*t in the bath!
:lol: , what ft/min does a Safari / fart get?
Big-D
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Big-D » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:48 am

Diesel wrote
what ft/min does a Safari / fart get?
Not sure mate. Darkhelmet will know - We have the same model
John Young
The Boss
The Boss

Postby John Young » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:29 pm

11 Nov – managed 12 landings no problem – adjusted to new glasses.
DieselFan
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby DieselFan » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:26 pm

Lovely weather today, went flying to Bronkhorstspruit dam practiced turns,descends and low flying etc, at one point following a road the road was almost 60 degress to my right but we were folllowing it :shock:

A big shocker (pun intended) was how suddenly powerlines appear! I mean you can see the pylons from quite far away and I thought we were high enough off the ground. I honestly thought the pylons were disconnected :oops:, I couldn't have been more wrong, next moment I see the wires and apply a tad of accel. we were obviously high enough to begin with it just gave me a fright as to how my eyes had deceived me. :oops:

At the dam I managed to scare off a flock of birds, hundreds of em 8) , that looked stunning, and was really different being above them

On the way back I got a real bonus and saw 2 jackals guarding their den we circled low overhead - they weren't even slightly phased.

I also got to see my first Challenger type air craft at Bapsfontein airfield! Looked REALLY cool, need to go for a flip in one of those one day :D I was surprised at the amount of airfields in the area!!

I'm enjoying it more each time (game viewing, flying etc), next up stalls 8)
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:31 pm

DieselFan wrote:
I also got to see my first Challenger type air craft at Bapsfontein airfield! Looked REALLY cool, need to go for a flip in one of those one day :D I was surprised at the amount of airfields in the area!!
The Challenger was probably WVV. She belongs to an instructor Philip van Niekerk who is based at a small private strip just next to the Bapsfontein Airfield. If you want a flip contact him on 082 258 8618

It's the plane I started training in, in 2000 :D 8) She's got over 1200 hours on her and still going strong
Greg Perkins
DieselFan
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby DieselFan » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:36 pm

Morpheus wrote:
DieselFan wrote:
The Challenger was probably WVV. She belongs to an instructor Philip van Niekerk who is based at a small private strip just next to the Bapsfontein Airfield. If you want a flip contact him on 082 258 8618

It's the plane I started training in, in 2000 :D 8) She's got over 1200 hours on her and still going strong
I saw two on a very small runway, one was white the other :? ?, thx for the info, it would probably be my choice of flight if my budget were larger :roll:
artagra
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby artagra » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:45 am

It is only a few more days to go before i get my first lesson on flight. anything i need to look out for that wil help :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My mind never on earth but always in the sky
(Do What You Love and Love What You Do)
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:48 pm

artagra wrote:It is only a few more days to go before i get my first lesson on flight. anything i need to look out for that wil help :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sit back, enjoy the adrenaline rush, that sensation of the first takeoff will never be repeated. Trust your instructor, even if it seems that he is telling you something illogical. Flying is not a natural thing for humans to do, you have to adapt to it. Have fun, don't panic if you can't remember everything first time out. Ask lots of questions

Again, have fun.

Good luck :D :D
Greg Perkins
DieselFan
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby DieselFan » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:00 pm

artagra wrote:It is only a few more days to go before i get my first lesson on flight. anything i need to look out for that wil help :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing to look out for as it happens SO quick 8). Enjoy and imho as memorable as it is the 1st time, you don't really get to ENJOY FLYING as all is foreign and your brain is trying to take it all in, u forget to relax and enjoy. The following lessons you can calm down and u realise what you are actually doing - which is flying and defying gravity.

Enjoy and whatever happens NEVER panic, All that happens is supposed to happen. If you want I can point you to some great free downloadable videos which show you what to expect and that way when the garden chair bounces you'll know what to do?
DieselFan
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby DieselFan » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:01 pm

Morpheus wrote:
Sit back, enjoy the adrenaline rush, that sensation of the first takeoff will never be repeated. Trust your instructor, even if it seems that he is telling you something illogical. Flying is not a natural thing for humans to do, you have to adapt to it. Have fun, don't panic if you can't remember everything first time out. Ask lots of questions

Again, have fun.

Good luck :D :D
You replied before me, sorry didn't get to see your post :lol:
loansharkblv
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby loansharkblv » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:05 pm

Hi DF,

Please publish the links, always great to show the PAX before hand.
Bryan Nel
Kwelega - East London ( 124.8 )
artagra
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby artagra » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:54 pm

yes please would like it alot to see how its done, video clips are always welcome :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DieselFan
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby DieselFan » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:59 pm

artagra
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby artagra » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:00 pm

Hi Dieselfan

The videos are amazing thanks alot. I am starting to get jealous. cant wait till its me up there taking the pics and most of all FLYING :D :D :D :D