Ballistic Chutes

Matters of general interest
DieselFan
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby DieselFan » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:04 pm

McG Sorry to read that you had to deploy your chute, but it made me seriously consider one on my future trike, so thanks for sharing.

For the price, I will definitely fit one and one big CON sits in my mind if I don't...

As far as being called a sissy, I'm used it to it and it has saved me many times esp when the 4x4 in front of me disappears underwater :shock:, although in this case "splat"
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:21 pm

McG
Thanks for your honesty. (There are those who have and those who won't admit it :shock: :twisted: )

Had Martha been fitted with BRS/GRS. (It was on the shopping list along with a 4 stroke) she would probibally still be around. IMHO a definite must. I would definitely have deployed when it hit the fan if I had one.

I looked at fitting one to the RV following Martha's demise, but it seems to be a huge engineering nightmare if not fitted during the build, especially to a blik aerie. Speed is also an issue. RV VNE is 181kts....... (and it's P!SS to get there even with wings level)

2c

PS
Cirrus is the fastest selling certified aircraft for last 3 or 4 years. It has BRS and airbags in seatbelts. Go figure... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: