Just got to let it out!!

Matters of general interest
Ou Man
Survived first engine out

Just got to let it out!!

Postby Ou Man » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:51 pm

Last Sunday afternoon I took to the air in my Aero Trike in the most perfect flying weather that I experienced for a very long time.
The air was as smooth as silk with virtually NO turbulence what so ever. The sky was crystal clear and the scenery was out of this world. On the back ground was the snow covered mountains of the Western Cape and beneath me the green wheat fields of the Swartland just north of Malmesbury.

The ether was alive with coms. coming from the different pilots flying in the same perfect weather and enjoying the same scenery as I was. Flying round and round in big, lazy circles I suddenly realized, as so many times before, that God has chosen me, along with all the other flying enthusiast, to experience a small but very precious part of His wonderful creation from a slightly different angle.
What an exiting thought!!
And then it struck me further that I was enjoying this privilege while there were people down there, struggling, just to survive!
With these few words I want to bring praise and thanks to Him and I pray that we will never take this privilege as granted and that all of us will take Him along as our passenger each and every time we take to the skies
-0< -0<
I believe I can fly...even touch the sky
Hot Stuff

Re: Just got to let it out!!

Postby Hot Stuff » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:56 pm

I must truly agree with you. We are truly blessed by what we are able to do. And all praise to him. Amen
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:46 pm

I must agree with you.
Please share it with photos next time-here up north we only hear of snow on mountains at far away places...
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:32 pm

I agree wholeheartedly with Ou Man, we are truly blessed.
My softness and I took to the same skies on Sunday and share your exhilliration.
She took some pictures that I will post here for Nicow's benefit (posted some others in Gyro Talk)

Fly safe and lets stay thankfull.

Len
Attachments
DSCF3482.JPG
DSCF3482.JPG (11.69 KiB) Viewed 1445 times
DSCF3476.JPG
DSCF3476.JPG (18.23 KiB) Viewed 1447 times
DSCF3507.JPG
DSCF3507.JPG (21.81 KiB) Viewed 1445 times
Quentin Ferreira
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby Quentin Ferreira » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:27 pm

Very nice indeed!!
Quentin Ferreira
Newcastle
Rusty
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Rusty » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:09 pm

Well said and I could not agree more.
Every time I take off I thank the Lord for the privelige of being able to do what we do, and the splendor of what we see.

Giving a thought for those less fortunate, bikers round the country have a toy run near christmas, I'm sure there would be an institution that would welcome a similar event from the microlighting community. Any thoughts or ideas ???

Fly safe in his care.

Rusty.
Rusty, but getting there.
Grumpy
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Grumpy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:49 pm

Rusty wrote:
Giving a thought for those less fortunate, bikers round the country have a toy run near christmas, I'm sure there would be an institution that would welcome a similar event from the microlighting community. Any thoughts or ideas ???

Fly safe in his care.

Rusty.
Hey Rusty, I like the idea big time!!! To find a needy community will be easy. (Red cross Childrens Hospital)The PR would be stunning for our sport/passion. We could find an event sponsor Vodacom, Mtn, there are lots, TV coverage, radio, the whole bang shoot. Maybe a flyover Wv and 'Drop' a Teddy. Prize for closest to the mark etc. Better stop now my mind is going 1000k an hour.

Hhhmmm (^^)
"Hope the weather is calm tomorrow !!"
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:09 pm

Very nice-Thank you!!! (^^) (^^)
We use to do a toy flight to one of the game farms near Warmbad in November,but the owner of the farm was killed not so long ago.This year somebody must arrange for us to fly to Nylstroom,and take toys there.The Abram Kriel orphanage is there.
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
Rusty
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Rusty » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:11 pm

Grumpy my man, Great ideas. vhpy vhpy vhpy vhpy Lets build on the theme and make it happen. Ideal topic at the next FAWF get together !!!!

Regards,

Rusty.
Rusty, but getting there.
Bacchus
Flying low - mind the power lines
Flying low - mind the power lines

Postby Bacchus » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:16 pm

Ou man, ek stem saam! Wat n voorreg en SOVEEL om voor dankbaar te wees. Ons is werklik geseend.
Ons was ook in die lug, maar ons wil nou weet. Ons het al HOEVEEL keer vir JOU kom kuier. Wanneer sien ons jou op wintervogel vir n koffie?
ZU-GFC COBRA
Ou Man

Postby Ou Man » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:33 pm

Bacchus wrote:Ou man, ek stem saam! Wat n voorreg en SOVEEL om voor dankbaar te wees. Ons is werklik geseend.
Ons was ook in die lug, maar ons wil nou weet. Ons het al HOEVEEL keer vir JOU kom kuier. Wanneer sien ons jou op wintervogel vir n koffie?
Nee wat....as ek kom kuier is julle mos aan die speel op Yzerfontein se fyn sand. :lol:
En daai baan van julle raak nou bietjie rof vir my delikate trike :wink:
I believe I can fly...even touch the sky