Wise Guys

Matters of general interest
LarryMcG
Top Gun
Top Gun

Wise Guys

Postby LarryMcG » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:26 am

OK, wise guys, seems we are chasing Misasa leaders away, with all the criticism and flack they have to put up with.

So, what now???? Who's going to take over the reigns, and see if they can do a better job??

Now put your money where your mouth is and lets have some volunteers to stand for chairman etc.

All on an unpaid basis , of course. Unless we are now going to have to cough up, and pay, what maybe R1000 per year, to support a new leader, who might or might not do a better job? So, if we must pay the new leader for his valuble time, what about the rest of the committee, should they not also be paid?

Maybe this is what the agenda of some people has been, all along, to get rid of Misasa, so that they can earn a living?

LM
RudiGreyling
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby RudiGreyling » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:46 pm

Moved to "Hangar Talk" from "Misasa" section with mutual consent.
"Science, freedom, beauty, adventure - Aviation offers it all"
http://www.RudiGreyling.com
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Wise Guys

Postby skybound® » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:37 pm

LarryMcG wrote:Maybe this is what the agenda of some people has been, all along, to get rid of Misasa, so that they can earn a living?

LM
If that is their agenda - best they look at the history books - the only way to make a small fortune in aviation is to start with a large one. :wink:
Smiley
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Smiley » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:34 pm

Yip Larry I agree

I've also heard talks that certain people aim to bring MISASA to its knees...

What a sad state of affairs!! :evil: :evil:
Flying tha beast named "Wollie"
ZS-WGT

Springs 122.40
Wargames
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Wargames » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:41 pm

Hi,

Is this all about the Part 24 thingy??

Maybe they too didn't understand what this is all about. Is there anybody who knows what is going to happen now?

If anybody is looking for me, I'm about 2000km west of Cape Town still trying to find land (and light for that matter).

It is sad if it about this though.

Regards,
The Naked Trike
ZU-AVL
"I hate CIRCLIPS!!"
LarryMcG
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby LarryMcG » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:20 pm

Rumour has it that we are due to loose a few committee members?

LM
Wart
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Wart » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:38 am

So those that have been out for personal gain are slowly getting their way! I have been warning people for a while now - let's throw our support at MISASA and get over all these petty squabbles!! MISASA are our representative body and if we need to increase the fees to pay some compensation then let's put it out for the vote. I for one don't want to see my sport / hobby be threatened.
Live: Hillcrest
Work: Pietermaritzburg
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby kloot piloot » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:45 pm

As a past serving member on Aeroclub for another flying section, I know the feeling of sitting at board meetings on week nights fighting for some rights for your flying buddies. It is a thankless (to say the least) job. I agree to pay a secretary or an admin person, but do not pay for a representative at higher levels. Let his /or her spirit come from within the sport. It IS hard work, it IS rewarding, but a pay cheque will remove the passion behind it all ... I think !

Unless I am wrong, I can only think of someone wanting reward for this type of job if he/she was unable to survive at other stages of life ... or if someone can prove to me that the microlighting has expanded enough over the past year to warant such measures ! But the figures are indicating the opposite. :cry:
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200