Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:42 pm

Refer page 1. Point 2. :evil:
Rocketman
Signed up at flight school

Two forums YES

Postby Rocketman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:51 pm

Hi Barry, Im new on this forum but an old pilot ( fly most anything) keep it seperate Avcom is to full of armchair pilots.
Space the new frontier
apollolight
First solo

Avcom versus Microlighters

Postby apollolight » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:01 am

Hi folk, I'm a dual user at Avcom I'm known as Apollo11 and at microlighters Apollolight, I fly both microlights and light aircraft, and I enjoy being on both forums, I've learnt a lot from both too.
I'm an MPL 3 axis instructor and commercial pilot and boy have I got a lot to learn, sure I've learnt a lot and enjoy passing on what I've learnt, and one often learns the most from questions asked by student pilots.
I will never look down on a fellow pilot, no matter if he/she is just starting out on an MPL with one hour logged.

It would be easier having a section under avcom dedicated to microlighters but not a train smash if it is not.

I alway bemoan attitude in flying and having the right attitude, one can fly air force fighters, large commercial jets yet still welcome and take an interest in a pilot flying a trike,
I recall meeting an astronaut at Kennedy Space Centre a couple of years ago, he had 2 PHD's, flew Navy fighter jets F18's, Intruders, then he was a test pilot for NASA, and the interest he took when I chatted about SA aviation and specifically a J3 cub and the LSA category was amazing, I thought to myself and a few of my mates concurred , "now there was a real pilot" not because of his incredible experience and ability but because he loved aviation and anybody else involved and did not look down at lesser rated or experienced pilots. Instead he was eager to learn about "grass roots aviation"

Lastly I met a microlighter a couple of years ago that taught me a thing or two about stick and rudder flying!!! Mmm!
James Bentley
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby James Bentley » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:08 pm

I have viewed the forum for some time and enjoyed every post, I will try to contribute from now and add value to the mass of information and banter.
I live in Hilton KZN and lucky to be able to live on my own airfield known as Eva's Field. Demon posted a pic of the field just the other day which has got me going and prompted me to finally add something to the forum. I am a little challenged in the IT arena so forgive me if I make a few mistakes to start with.

I have been flying off and on since the mid seventies when I started my PPL during my last year at school, I have just recently renewed my licence with Geoff Dyer of Light Flight in the amazing Foxbat. It's great to have wings once again. I have also acquired an X-Air and look forward to many pleasurable hours in it as I have been "plane less" for quite a while. Will post a picture of the hangar and aircraft once I have worked out how to do that.

Cheers for now..

James
X-Air
Zenair 601 HD (current build project with Jabiru engine)
andreb
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby andreb » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:16 pm

Welcome James. The guys and gals on this forum will amke you feel most welcome and are some of the best people you will meet.

I saw your beautiful airfield that Barry posted. I will make a point of flying in one day!

cheers
Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints

Non scholae sed vitae discimus
John Young
The Boss
The Boss

Allow me to assist

Postby John Young » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:48 pm

James Bentley wrote:I will Will post a picture of the hangar and aircraft once I have worked out how to do that.
Hi James,

Huge welcome again - enjoy.

Allow me to assist with the pictures (below) in the meantime. :wink:

Kind regards
John ZU-CIB
Attachments
DSC03765.jpg
X-Air
DSC03765.jpg (53.59 KiB) Viewed 6171 times
DSC03770.jpg
Picture of the hangar and aircraft
DSC03770.jpg (69.67 KiB) Viewed 6166 times
Dobbs
Survived second engine out
Survived second engine out

Postby Dobbs » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:46 pm

Hi James,

Good to see the plane assembled, I know that Gerald is certainly missing her, but conforted by the fact that she has gone to a loving new owner vhpy

Hope to fly to your airfield in the not to distant future, as I get more confidence in my Bushbaby, so I am spreading my wings.
Fat Ferret
Slow starter

Postby Fat Ferret » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:15 am

Hi All vhpy
I am a qualified Microlight flex wing pilot who lives and flies a Mainair Alpha Flash II in North Wales, U.K out of Caernarfon Airport EGCK, Were I fly from is right next to our highest mountain range Snowdon, It is only 3600 feet but very pretty.
I am also a member of the British Microlight Aircraft Association.
I came across you site and applied to join mostly just to read about how the sport is dealt with in other countries especially Africa but also to learn, with a long term goal of flying from Northern Norway to the southern most point is South Africa.
This last is a dream but all good trips start that way.
Regards
Fat Ferret
John Young
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Newbie

Postby John Young » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:31 am

Fat Ferret wrote:Where I fly from is right next to our highest mountain range Snowdon, It is only 3600 feet but very pretty.
Howdy Fat Ferret,

Welcome and enjoy :!: !!!!

A few pictures would be nice.

Regards
John
Was a sEXY trike. Now registered as N457YJ
James Bentley
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby James Bentley » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:53 am

Hi Dobbs

The X-Air has had much attention since collecting it from Gerald, thanks again for the loan of your trailer and the assistance in removing the wings at Empangeni.

Had a long wait before I could do my conversion, just had a very busy start to the year but signed out by Geoff last Friday, I now have wings again. Great!!!

I am sure that Gerald will miss it as it is lots of fun to fly, exactly what I was looking for!

Look forward to a visit to our place, John Young is also due soon when his new baby arrives. Perhaps we should arrange a fly in during April?
Frootbat
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Welcome.............

Postby Frootbat » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:28 am

Hi Fat Ferret,
Welcome to our community located at the Southern tip of Africa. We will keep on looking for your arrival in the sky. In the mean time, I do suggest that you hitch a ride with a Boeing or an Airbus to come and explore this part of the globe and to experience real hospitality.
Regards..............
Hannes.
Bantam B22J (ZU-DUX)
Luff your aerie.
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:35 pm

Welcome Fat Ferret to the most controversial forum on the WWW :wink:

South Africans pilots are loud because we can be.... :lol:

South Africans pilots are proud because we've earned it..... =D*

South Africans pilots are a jovial bunch.... (^^)

There is not a place in the world where you will not be more welcome than in the midst of a Microlighter.co.za member....

Enjoy the banter!
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Redline
Signed up at flight school

Re: Welcome to the Microlight Forum

Postby Redline » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:29 am

just want to say high!

coming from avcom, and it too early to think of other stuff at the moment

cheerio

ps: I can't view some pics in the classified section, any idea's?
Observer
Looking at the sky

Postby Observer » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:05 pm

Deleted - no educational purpose
Last edited by Observer on Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:50 pm

Pleased to see your response OBSERVER :wink:

My comments also deleted....
Last edited by John Boucher on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil: