Welcome to the Microlight Forum

Matters of general interest
Griffin
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby Griffin » Sat May 28, 2005 4:56 pm

Welcome Sebastian
Do you have a MPL or are you still training?? Are there any schools in your part of the world??
djjk
Ready for the first flight

Postby djjk » Sat May 28, 2005 9:37 pm

New member for the Vrystaat !!! :oops: Vote yes for microlighters forum. :D
magneto
Looking at the sky

Postby magneto » Mon May 30, 2005 10:33 am

Sebastian wrote:I think this forum is a great idea! As a newbie trike pilot I want to be able to have a forum that is dedicated to that which interests me - flying microlights. For me, Avcom's diversity of topics and interests is just too wide.
How is that Sebastian? There is a microlight section on Avcom.
Microwave

AVCOM forum

Postby Microwave » Mon May 30, 2005 11:02 am

Its interesting to note that the microlight section on the Avcom site has only 3 topics which have been visited only 29 times. I am sure that this is a raging success compared with this Microlighters forum :!: In my opinion this is a better vote than the poll taken above.
Tailspin
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Microlighters Forum

Postby Tailspin » Mon May 30, 2005 1:03 pm

Hi Guys

I have my feet in both parts of aviation, as i fly trikes but i also fly "other " aircraft, i think it is better to seperate the two forums as we are talking about two different types of aviation. Yes there are times when the two will overlap, BUT then again i do not think some of the Blik aerie guys are going to land on 600M of sand strip with his shiny plane, or buzz the babes suntanning on the beach or at harties ?? :roll: or go camping in the middle of nowhere just cos they can. Some will but most wont :!:
Gavin van der Berg - ZS-WWF
“The genius controls the chaos”
One of the Proud Chain Gang Founding Members
Tailspin
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Tailspin » Tue May 31, 2005 11:13 am

Now you are just making me JEALOUS. Wait soon very very soon i will be there ! :x

BUT yes like that ! :D :lol:
Gavin van der Berg - ZS-WWF
“The genius controls the chaos”
One of the Proud Chain Gang Founding Members
Cloud Warrior
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re Magneto's Statement

Postby Cloud Warrior » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:21 pm

Magneto

When I open up Avcom I am confronted with hundreds of topics which do not hold any interest for me (at present). The microlight forum on Avcom would appear to mostly consist of insults by other pilots about people flying around in garden furniture. I don't have time for that kind of BS.

Cheers

Sebastian
Cloud Warrior
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Cloud Warrior » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:41 am

Really? Dark helmet is the vertically challenged one! :twisted:
magneto
Looking at the sky

Re: Re Magneto's Statement

Postby magneto » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:46 pm

Sebastian wrote:Magneto

When I open up Avcom I am confronted with hundreds of topics which do not hold any interest for me (at present). The microlight forum on Avcom would appear to mostly consist of insults by other pilots about people flying around in garden furniture. I don't have time for that kind of BS.

Cheers

Sebastian
If we are going to get upset about such petty things then I am afraid you will always be a supporter of keeping aviation in it's seperate boxes. I often call 'them' tin cans, and I am yet to see any tin can driver get upset about it.

It is normal for a person to try and convince others that their sport (or in this case version of it) is the better one. I have seen it in hang gliding, paragliding, ane even on Avcom you get a chopper pilot that really tries to convince others that they should get out of the tin cans and fly a decent aircraft being a chopper.

Just hurl the friendly 'abuse' back at them. It is that simple.
C205
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby C205 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:54 am

Agreed Magneto, its all good-natured and in good humour. Don't take it seriously. I enjoy both forums.
8)
Quicksilver MXII ZS-VAP
Quicksilver MXII ZU-BOW
FAWI 123.5
Pavlov
Slow starter

Postby Pavlov » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:48 am

Hi All,

As a blik aerie pilot (Baron) I thought that if one cannot beat them then join them. :lol:

I think the wonderful success that your site has enjoyed is a tribute to the espirit de corps enjoyed by microlighters. Well done to all those involved!

I hope to learn a lot more about your type of flying by visiting this forum on a regular basis.

Best..

p.s. Tailspin wrote :

" i do not think some of the Blik aerie guys are going to land on 600M of sand strip with his shiny plane, or buzz the babes suntanning on the beach or at harties ??"

Heck Tailspin, I land with my Baron at Paul Raath's farm (Clanwilliam - 530m). The "babes"...now there's a reason to buy a trike! :lol:
Redeye
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Redeye » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:37 am

Hello Demon and all my old trike mates-- Nice to see a micro forum--
I still fly solids and now gliders but still think triking is the best way to fly
Chainsaw I saw you over my house in MY plane -- I was so :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cheers Redeye
Flying flying flying-- and a bit of gliding
Redeye
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Redeye » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:11 am

Yebo-- Time for tea parties into short strips again--Tea party on today demon ?
Redeye :lol:
Flying flying flying-- and a bit of gliding
RV Sometime
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby RV Sometime » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:11 pm

Hi

I'm the jealous newbie that has just joined the ranks of "Garden Furniture" types.

I had the wonderful opportunity to fly today with other like minded pilots with my blik hanging from the prop, at close to gross, burning 8.7 gph with the stall warning going continuously, sweating and waiting for the break for 50nm flying formo.

Twas very good and could be used to personal benefit when encountering the next renewal as in: Fly as slow as you can with full control of the aircraft within the flight envelope.

Sweaty palm was evident.

I enjoy the camaraderie.

I enjoy the feedback and comment about this side of aviation.

I enjoy the use of this and avcom's forum to establish contacts within GA.

I do not enjoy bad airmanship and bad communication, or lack of communication.

I do not enjoy the perceptions of some people that smaller, slower, lesser equipped aircraft are inferior.

I love fat balloons and was priveleged to have one each visual off left and right wing near Hekpoort today.

I know that handshakes are still representative of closure of a deal.

I am looking forward to spending time in a cockpit with the wind in my face, and affordable flying over weekends and other okes hanging on their props flying "garden Furniture" to keep formo with me.

I can't wait.

Regards

Andre'
RV Sometime
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby RV Sometime » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:57 pm

Will do

I imagine that arm wrestling is going to become a fond partnership scenario :D :D :D

Heard a few trikes in formo towards FARG today from Hekpoort and saw plenty of activity at the airfield. Looking forward to spending airtime, real airtime.

Regards

Andre'