Welcome to the Microlight Forum

Matters of general interest
User avatar
Sad-Ham
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: Vanderbijlpark

Re: Welcome to the Microlight Forum

Postby Sad-Ham » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:46 pm

What do you fly Gubby?
ZU-DDF - COBRA 582
Wingfield - 124.8
Jean van der Riet
Thinking of flying
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:28 pm
Location: Sabie

Re: Welcome to the Microlight Forum

Postby Jean van der Riet » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Hi guys .

Glad to be here . My name is jean van der Riet from Sabie and i work for Working on Fire as ( commercial workshop manager ) and an avid LSA enthusiast . I am also the Lowveld & Limpopo correspondent for SA Flyer magazine and i am trying to get GA , LSA and Micro's getting some long overdue coverage in the mag .

Regards ,

Jean
I call them like i see them !
User avatar
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K
Posts: 4892
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 7:09 am
Location: Potgietersrus
Contact:

Re: Welcome to the Microlight Forum

Postby nicow » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:53 am

Jean van der Riet wrote:Hi guys .

Glad to be here . My name is jean van der Riet from Sabie and i work for Working on Fire as ( commercial workshop manager ) and an avid LSA enthusiast . I am also the Lowveld & Limpopo correspondent for SA Flyer magazine and i am trying to get GA , LSA and Micro's getting some long overdue coverage in the mag .

Regards ,

Jean
Jean,welcome to "our" world.
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
Jean van der Riet
Thinking of flying
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:28 pm
Location: Sabie

Re: Welcome to the Microlight Forum

Postby Jean van der Riet » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:53 am

nicow wrote:
Jean van der Riet wrote:Hi guys .

Glad to be here . My name is jean van der Riet from Sabie and i work for Working on Fire as ( commercial workshop manager ) and an avid LSA enthusiast . I am also the Lowveld & Limpopo correspondent for SA Flyer magazine and i am trying to get GA , LSA and Micro's getting some long overdue coverage in the mag .

Regards ,

Jean
Jean,welcome to "our" world.
tx a lot
I call them like i see them !
Jean van der Riet
Thinking of flying
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:28 pm
Location: Sabie

Re: Welcome to the Microlight Forum

Postby Jean van der Riet » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:56 am

Jean van der Riet wrote:
nicow wrote:
Jean van der Riet wrote:Hi guys .

Glad to be here . My name is jean van der Riet from Sabie and i work for Working on Fire as ( commercial workshop manager ) and an avid LSA enthusiast . I am also the Lowveld & Limpopo correspondent for SA Flyer magazine and i am trying to get GA , LSA and Micro's getting some long overdue coverage in the mag .

Regards ,

Jean
Jean,welcome to "our" world.
tx a lot , where is your school and contact details ?
I call them like i see them !
Wingover1
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: Welcome to the Microlight Forum

Postby Wingover1 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:00 pm

Dis baie sad om te sien dat die laaste ou wat die Forum ge join het was in September laas jaar :?:
ZU - ATE Windlass 503
ZU - CHG Aquilla 582
User avatar
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: MICROLAND, lives in PRETORIA (I dont know where "Tshwane" is)

Re: Welcome to the Microlight Forum

Postby Bundy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:53 am

Wingover1 wrote:Dis baie sad om te sien dat die laaste ou wat die Forum ge join het was in September laas jaar :?:
It is sad...but it seems most folk are content to do their chatting on Whatsapp and have no further use for this forum or other public platforms...?

Cant blame the guys...its more practical and popular for sure. I just feel that has the tendency to isolate groups instead of growing them...but who cares what I think? ^

One thing is for sure.... I would never have learnt as much as I did in the beginning (when I first started flying) if this forum did not exist!

The die hards will keep it alive I'm sure! (^^) vhpy
Alan "Bundy" Hussey
ZU DBP "The Beautiful Dawn"
(Find us on Facebook..... "Tailwinds @ Microland")
"Flying is not about hours, it's about Attitude!"
Wingover1
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: Welcome to the Microlight Forum

Postby Wingover1 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:15 pm

Hi Bundy.

It is so true what you are saying by groups being isolated because you have the Microland guys on a whatsupp group you have the x Winds and the Kroon guys and the the Margate group of 2016 and so on. Hope fully the guys will get gatvol of just hearing the same stories from the same people all the time. :roll:
ZU - ATE Windlass 503
ZU - CHG Aquilla 582
Bandit
Slow starter
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:25 pm
Location: Roodepoort

Re: Welcome to the Microlight Forum

Postby Bandit » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Hello Everyone!

New here....have been reading a lot on this forum....trying to make myself wise.....hahahaha

My first microlight flight was a few years ago. Someone that worked with me took me up for a "spin" then I wanted to do a ppl......read a lot on aviation in the meantime............but since life took over and did not have any chance to take my dream further..........times changed now and I realised that the microlight route is my favourite .....it happened when I was lying on the beach in Shaka's Rock recently and seeing the microlights fly over and I remembered that first flight.......would now like to go for my medical after getting into better shape...hahahaha

Still have a ton of questions though!
User avatar
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K
Posts: 4269
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:23 pm
Location: Dana Bay, Western Cape South Africa
Contact:

Re: Welcome to the Microlight Forum

Postby John Boucher » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:33 pm

Welcome Bandit... just shout if you need advice or have to be pointed in a direction :-)
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2017/18
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Rynovdz
Looking at the sky
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: Welcome to the Microlight Forum

Postby Rynovdz » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:28 am

good day all, I know this is a stone in the pond but has anyone heard of a challenger 2 clipped wing reg : AFF flying around? it used to belong to my father a few years back and it is also the same chally I got my MPL on. I want to know who has it now. or can someone direct me to the correct forum to find this aerie?
User avatar
falconp1
Top Gun
Top Gun
Posts: 623
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:28 pm
Location: Klipriver airfield

Re: Welcome to the Microlight Forum

Postby falconp1 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:16 am

Hi Ryno

Welcome to Microlighters. This is all I could find.

QUAD CITY INCORPORATED CHALLENGER SPECIAL II
COETZEE M

YEAR OF MANUFACTURE: 1993
SERIAL NUMBER: CH20191CW0625
OWNERSHIP DATE: 2011-11-04
ZS-WVD CONDOR
ZU-CIW Challenger 11
freddievanrooyen@yahoo.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest