DTA Voyageur II

Matters of general interest
Hotdog
Signed up at flight school

DTA Voyageur II

Postby Hotdog » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:26 pm

Hi everyone,

I spotted a photo of this type in a local magazine recently, and also saw that Mike Blyth and Oliver Aubert did the South to South expedition using the DTA Voyageur II.

Any local knowledge or info will be interesting. Looks like a very tough design, and the single pillar is quite a unique design feature.

Fred Mülder
My flying blog
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:32 pm

We have three in the club at WCMC. Very strong well built trikes, One is Rotax 912s based and the other two have a BMW 1150GS and a BMW 1200 GS motor. The BMW power trikes also have topless wings
Greg Perkins
Cali
Survived second engine out
Survived second engine out

Postby Cali » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:39 pm

Hi Hotdog

Perry on this site flies a DTA in Australia. Now that is what I call a trike.
Toughest built machine you'll ever find and it looks good to and note the unobstructed view. Not sure what the price in SA would be but worth it for sure.

If I can afford it I will buy myself one next year. It is perfect for me as I will be landing rough almost all the time. I have 2x 800m runways but will be landing out in the bush 4 or 5 times for every 1 time on the runway. The DTA home page is in french and my french is not to good. I think there is a way google can translate it for you.
Airborne Edge X
32-4331
"BLUEY"
joel
Pre flight checks done

Strong Trike

Postby joel » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:25 pm

Hi Guy's

I had a good look at the DTA trikes in Blois France last September. Indeed very well built. If you want some info in English there is a good webpage from the US dealer. http://www.adventuresportaircraft.com/html/dta.html
There are also a few good close ups of the voyageur 2 on my website under english/blois 2006.
Very nice machine, it becomes just a bit bulky when you load it with gear. A lot of drag. But probably the best expedition trike.
cu

Joel