My AP rating.

Matters of general interest
Jean Crous
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

My AP rating.

Postby Jean Crous » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:52 pm

After many years (23) in the aircraft industry, and much well meant pestering from clients and colleagues alike, I finally went to the Big Smoke last year October and wrote the exams. All exams passed, and some "educating" on the correct AP works logbook format , I am now a qualified AP.
There is of course a huge responsibility with this priviledge, and by no means will I "bend" the rules to "help" someone.....As my friend Stefan Coetzee said, should that somebody be injured or die , his family will have no problem taking my house,car, aeroplane, underpants etc :shock: .
Thanks to those that encouraged me along the way.
Jean.
The new front seat solo Cubby MK2 powered by Rotax 912 S 100hp
Cubby Aircraft Factory
Suppliers of Nitrate, Butyrate, adhesive, Fabric
Email: cubbyaircraftfactory@gmail.com
Jean Crous
SACAA Approved Person 402
greg vos
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Re: My AP rating.

Postby greg vos » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:32 pm

Jean Crous wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:52 pm
After many years (23) in the aircraft industry, and much well meant pestering from clients and colleagues alike, I finally went to the Big Smoke last year October and wrote the exams. All exams passed, and some "educating" on the correct AP works logbook format , I am now a qualified AP.
There is of course a huge responsibility with this priviledge, and by no means will I "bend" the rules to "help" someone.....As my friend Stefan Coetzee said, should that somebody be injured or die , his family will have no problem taking my house,car, aeroplane, underpants etc :shock: .
Thanks to those that encouraged me along the way.
Jean.
Well done Jean
I have been to your facility, it’s orderly, neat and from what I can see run with passion! (^^)
I have had my run in with a few AP’s and for good reason as I have witnessed first hand some very disappointing work, and I have taken then to task head on! Unfortunately my bleating despite accurate and true is met with resistance from a chommie ... chommie culture I have seen in the NTCA environment over my 13 humble years of exposure.
I have met many pilots who are not “ hands on” who trust these thugs to keep them safe ....
Having met you and your wife and getting to know you I am certain we are richer for your enthusiasm and honesty, well done all the best.

Greg
(^^)
PPL (A)
PPL (H)
CFI Gyro & Test Pilot
Jean Crous
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: My AP rating.

Postby Jean Crous » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:18 pm

vhpy Greg thank you, I am humbled by your compliment. I surely have no intention to turn into a dishonest AP. It was hard work getting here and by no means will I jeopardize the effort to get this rating. As I said , I will not bend the rules, it is hard enough being so pedantic :mrgreen: (**) ## ##
Jean.
The new front seat solo Cubby MK2 powered by Rotax 912 S 100hp
Cubby Aircraft Factory
Suppliers of Nitrate, Butyrate, adhesive, Fabric
Email: cubbyaircraftfactory@gmail.com
Jean Crous
SACAA Approved Person 402