methinks something smells in the state of Denmark and MISASA?

Matters of general interest
Airscrewed
Signed up at flight school

methinks something smells in the state of Denmark and MISASA?

Postby Airscrewed » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:11 pm

Reading the Misasa blog, it would appear that the central Misasa committee have already elected themselves and have now only opened the nomination and elections for lesser positions on the committee.
Also question that begs answer is "Why the AGM on a weekday night and so far from the majority of members?". Is the committee trying to hide/manipulate the election?
Also, the proxy forms could be queried as normally proxies specify a nominated choice of a subject, but it would appear that these are opened to any choice that the chairman makes. Hmmmm?
Lone Ranger
Ready for the first flight

Re: methinks something smells in the state of Denmark and MISASA?

Postby Lone Ranger » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:38 pm

Hi , could you please give us a link to the MISASA blog thanks
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:06 pm

Airscrewed wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:11 pm
Reading the Misasa blog, it would appear that the central Misasa committee have already elected themselves and have now only opened the nomination and elections for lesser positions on the committee.
Also question that begs answer is "Why the AGM on a weekday night and so far from the majority of members?". Is the committee trying to hide/manipulate the election?
Also, the proxy forms could be queried as normally proxies specify a nominated choice of a subject, but it would appear that these are opened to any choice that the chairman makes. Hmmmm?
Hi Airscrewed
I think that you think wrong...
I am on the current committee and do it for the love of the sport-remember,we do not get paid for our service.
Most of the Misasa members are from GP,I stay in Limpopo...
The AGM is in GP where most of the members fly from.
Weekends are our best time for flying and training,and not every one will give that up for an AGM.
We would always welcome persons who want to join and help the committee.
Please feel free to give me a call if you are willing to be available to help.
Nico Willemse 082 852 5961
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
Nkwazi
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Nkwazi » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:43 pm

Airscrewed, which Misasa blog is this??
ZU-BFS Aquilla
ZU-SMC Cheetah
Benoni
Impukane Nkwazi
MISASA Treasurer
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:58 pm

Hi Joe ...

I too am curious as to which MISASA Blog you refer to ... pray do enlighten.

Using that quote from Hamlet you imply that MISASA is rotten.
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Air Hog
The Boss
The Boss
Location: Kroon Airfield, Home of Rosslyn Microflyers, Pretoria

Postby Air Hog » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:05 pm

Airscrewed... I think you just got screwed. :lol: ## :roll:

As Nico said, the majority of members are in Gauteng, that is why it is held in Gauteng.

Please join the meeting and volunteer, you will be most welcome. New help ALWAYS welcome!

The Guys and Girl all do it for the love of the sport.
Johan Welman - aka Air Hog
"The sky is not the limit... it is where the fun starts!!"
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:18 pm

Maybe it is time I respond to "Airscrewed" aka Joe... I only know this because I had to search for post where your name popped up :-)

I was sincerely apprehensive to respond as it only lends itself to a spat on a public forum, something I don't think anyone can really afford at this moment. I have also been in hospital for a couple of days, am in severe discomfort, but it did give me some time to consider responding and I do so as follows:

The line Joe used is from the play Hamlet by William Shakespeare. Little did I know some 40 years down the line, my English prescribe book would pop in my memory. For those not versed in the tale ... it implies or is used to describe corruption or a situation in which something is wrong. Generally a term that would quite easily fit in anywhere today I suppose.

Joe, I hope that this was merely to "stir the pot" as opposed to any intention of malice as you do say "IT APPEARS". However, I know you are not a MISASA member and thus respond for the benefit of MISASA members.
"...it would appear that the central Misasa committee have already elected themselves and have now only opened the nomination and elections for lesser positions on the committee."
ALL the position are available for nomination. If you were familiar with the process, the current committee steps down and are automatically nominated for re-election unless any individual has indicated that he is not available again to serve. If there are no nominations for that position, it goes vacant to be filled by either someone being prepared to serve at a later stage or be co-opted. If more than one nomination for the position is received, it simply goes to a vote. Nothing out of the ordinary and has been done like this before I came onto the committee. I am however curious as to what you deem to be lesser positions?
This is a totally unfair conclusion or statement to make. MISASA is a national organisation. NOT EVERYTHING happens in Gauteng or is reserved for your convenience up North. We could have called the AGM down in Cape Town at Morningstar Airfield or in KZN at Ballito for that matter. Historically the AGM has taken place at different times, there hasn't been a preset norm. Had it mid-week (just before an AeroclubSA AGM (was not well attended), has taken place at some of our events ie Kitty Hawk (was not well attended). Now that we have arranged so that the certain elected officers can attend the Aeroclub Boardmeeting and other relevant meetings (scheduled for the 10th) to save costs and personal inconvenience for several, and it does not sit well with some folk. Some of us take leave from our employment and businesses to attend, yet the time of the week is questioned? For the folks up around the cabbage patch, you lose an afternoon, we lose 3 days, neglect our businesses and families but don't complain. Just curious, did you perhaps attend the Aeroclub AGM or the rescheduled SGM? I wonder how many folk did.
The proxy form is the same one that has been used for years. Once again, the demographics of MISASA members is widespread. If anyone awards a proxy to a person, he does so trusting that person, not so? If it is the suggestion that the Chairman (which I happen to be at the moment) would misuse the proxy awarded, I would be betraying those that have put their trust in me.

Maybe the post by Joe was as result of some "hangar talk" or possibly a disgruntled member for some reason or other. But I can say this, in having an openhearted conversation with my old friend Lone Ranger (he happens to be a devout MISASA member and served on the committee for many years), the stark conclusion (pun intended) was reached - nothing has changed!

One thing is a given - AVIATION is suffering. Membership numbers are down because people are finding the financial challenges insurmountable and believe me, it is GLOBAL. South Africa is not unique or immune to the rigours of the economy. Trikes are gathering dust in hangars, less if any hours are being flown and we need to be very aware of the challenges we all face!

In closing, even if my doctor does not clear me on Friday to travel - I will be there...
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Air Hog
The Boss
The Boss
Location: Kroon Airfield, Home of Rosslyn Microflyers, Pretoria

Postby Air Hog » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:48 pm

And John Is coming all the way from Dana Bay (Next to Mosselbay for those who don't know) Ver onder in die Kaap...
Johan Welman - aka Air Hog
"The sky is not the limit... it is where the fun starts!!"
Jetman
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Jetman » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:52 pm

Well said John Boucher. And so the truth speaks...
ZU-FDE Apollo Delta Jet
ZU-IHK Sling
ONE LIFE....LIVE IT
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:15 pm

Well... must say I don't care much for Denmark but by golly they do make damn good butter and cheese!

I think Joe aka "Airscrewed" may just have a different opinion now after having attended as a guest.... well I sincerely hope so.

The team has work to do and welcome the new chaps on board!

For Donovan Ogrady's Pylon Racing initiative, let's make it a "definite go to MISASA event" and give it traction and support it deserves. I think it's exciting stuff more so for the WCM guys.
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
ME 109
Whats the right frequency?
Whats the right frequency?

Postby ME 109 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:29 pm

The Pylon racing event is a great initiative! Just such a pity that this event is surfacing now, after I decided to re-locate to the Cape :cry:
Let us be honest, WCM is alive and well up north. Sadly, I am currently experiencing a situation of lonesome WCM pilot. We have beautiful nature, magnificent flying scenery, but there the fun stops. No drive to host events such as this.
I love my Aquilla to bits, will stay enthusiastic about my flying and will trailer up to Kliprivier if need be, but this I have to experience! (^^)
Well done to the organisers.
Andries Kruger
ZU-CSZ Aquilla 582 (Bumble bee)
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:35 pm

Andries... you need to have a chat with Flo (also now lives in George) and will be flying out of Mossel Bay. Then there is Ig van Tonder and James Pretorius, also Morne Jonker across the mountain... and you... and in a jiffy - there five WCM pilots that could enjoy a jaunt to Riversdale or pop over to Knysna.

Time to wake the passion here don't you think?
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org