Microlights over Rietvlei Nature Reserve - Plea for help

Matters of general interest
CommanderKeen
Signed up at flight school

Re: Microlights over Rietvlei Nature Reserve - Plea for help

Postby CommanderKeen » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:06 am

Firstly a big thank you to all who have offered help. It is greatly appreciated. It looks like the reserve has a good number of pilots willing to help where they can now.

I don't want to go over this incident further, but just to say someone from the reserve will phone Waterkloof tower anytime they consider an aircraft's behaviour to be suspicious, and Waterkloof was manned at the time of the above incident. Also the aircraft did fly over the rhinos, whether it was intentional or not, when the photos were taken.

Once again a big thank you to all who have volunteered their support for the reserve.
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:35 pm

In short what is being proposed is that ALL AIRCRAFT that fly in class A, B, C or E airspace be fitted with a mandatory Mode S transponder.... also if you should find yourself at 10 000 ft AMSL in all types of airspace. NTCA is being slotted in viz. ALL AIRCRAFT!

You may find yourself not being able to traverse from point a-b without having to go to point c & d first to get to b.

So Pinedene Corridor is Class C and it will be goodbye... or traversing on the Garden route from Mossel Bay to Knysna etc.

To understand airspace better - http://ivao.co.za/aviation-handbook/2-g ... -airspace/
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Leprachaun
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Leprachaun » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:03 pm

Rumour has it pilot was flipping 5 -6 flips after retake off in Rietvlei park headed north east over Lingwood ridge and another engine out leading to a landing in a new Estate at Klinsmann kop where a landing was executed between drinking / feeding troughs Assistance was contacted and trike was removed to its Hangar where it has been repaired ($$) ($$) ($$)
A pilot lives by perfection , or not at all!
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby kloot piloot » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:52 pm

Leprachaun wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:58 pm
I had a look at the engine , beleive me he has a problem , seized pistons , scoured sleeves etc - now you know why he had an engine out , rotax dont operate without oil Leprachaun
This is bullsh#t !
Alex, things do not add up. The OP reports this on 22 July. You say on 27 July you saw the engine and it was seized, yet it took off according to the OP. :shock:
You confirm this by saying that he did several flips with a "seized" engine?
Dinge klink nie reg nie.
A simple search says the owner is JH Killian.
How difficult is it to corner a yellow aircraft, allegedly ZU-CNA, compare photos and confront the owner?

Guys, up the game please, because I am going to be seriously pissed if this behaviour results in more (over)regulation.

I have a personal involvement in Rietvlei, by the way.
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
Leprachaun
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Leprachaun » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:39 am

Hi Roel , I supplied a used sleeve for the said aircraft , I did see the engine before being stripped for repair , the oil tank of the auto lube was without oil, resulting in the seizing issue , I dont know who is the owner , but for sure it flew out of Rietvlei to Klipkop area wher it caaled it a day and was collected by trailor and taken to The hangar . I spoke to the assistant who folded the wing up for recovery (^^) Alex
pietmeyer
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby pietmeyer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:07 pm

So my question still, was it a precautionary landing at Rietvlei due to problems, took off again and then seized? What was he doing in the reserve anyway if not routing east to west or west to east?
Piet Meyer
Jabi J400 ZU-DUU (Wonderboom)
Leprachaun
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Leprachaun » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:55 pm

Wish I new , dont know the pilot , where are the enforcers to get it sorted ?