Mozambique Tofo

Matters of general interest
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Mozambique Tofo

Postby mulderpm » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Thanks Trikemad for sharing your experience.

I have been fortunate enough to have flown in Moz in Feb 2012 and in April 2014. At that time beach landings were not allowed. I also joined the "Aero Clube Inhambane 2000" then chairman was Pradib. During the 2012 trip we had a hurricane and for a week my trike was parked in their hangar at FQIN. Had to take the wing off to get her in. Did some 40 hrs flying around Bilene, up to Inhambane and back to Bilene again during that trip. A truly memorable and beautiful flying experience. 2014 was only around Bilene and up to Xai-Xai and back.

My experience, at the time, was that, as the airspace is controlled by their defence force, they did not "appreciate" GA and that it was a nuisance and a trouble causer. From your report it seems as though they have changed their attitude. I know Kev Storie, chairman of our Aero Club of SA has been having yearly meetings with their Moz Aero Club to make permissions and authorisations simpler. It looks like they have been successful. Hats off to Aero Club SA.

It looks like another Moz Flying Trip is on the table.... vhpy vhpy
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria