Resignation as Chairman (Resolved)

Matters of general interest
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: Resignation as Chairman

Postby D2O » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:09 pm

John, I'm sure I speak for many when I say your contributions before, and during your chairmanship of MISASA have been nothing short of exemplary.
You are the ideal person to mediate between us fliers who just want to fly, and the regulators. If not too late, you really should reconsider.
I for one would not have the restraint that you do when it comes to all things legislative, and commend you for your efforts.
Plane-less
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:08 am

As an ordinary member these days I was disappointed by that e mail...

I do not believe given the responsibility of communicating with the Membership gives you Carte Blanche to say and do as you please?
You are welcome to have an opinion...perhaps even a negative one... but lashing out in your personal capacity whilst attaching "we" (MISASA) to your comments is irresponsible and undermines the entire Committee and by association the ARO as a whole?

What does it say about us as ordinary pilots when this is perceived as the message from our EXCO? How do we give creedence and support to those Committee members fighting for greater responsibility and Autonomy from the Regulators when we demonstrate this by giving all and sundry the middle finger to Rules? The same rules that everyone else has to adhere to by the way...?

There was a time when the Newsletter was part of my responsibility and I did not send out any official correspondence like this without first sharing it with the EXCO...
Not only is it just common courteousy...but it gives the EXCO the opportunity to comment and make sure that what is being said is in the best interests of the Organisation? Your personal opinion...may not be?

This matter is not about Tedderfield's failure as much as it is about some Committee members not playing a team sport...

I think it sad that we as members lose good leaders and imput because of this attitude...
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:29 am

I think we're in a precarious state where all the Misasa volunteers will say "what for?" Everyone on the committee is more than capable and a loss of one will be felt.

I take my hat off to the ungrateful task of pleading for content and then producing a quality mag, others wading through arbitory legislation ensuring our survival, the task of involving in accidents and then liaising with autocrats to secure our existence.

I've been through the grind of organising events and trust me, just a single fatality puts everything into perspective and highlights just how exposed each committee member is. The only way is to comply and I'm not talking about a dustbin count and arshole editors.

Between that, everyone needs to recognise the importance of structure and each entity submit their work to the committee for approval before a secretary releases.

Good mechanics don't make good salesmen and capable finance officers don't always make good spokesmen. Strong virtues like running successful business on the seat of your pants makes for dynamic members but often go against structured committee governance.

Sound like analysing our government. No, and neither making myself available.

All sit back, swallow some ego, take stock of events and setbacks and talk though how things and processes should take place.

Good luck either way.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
TimJan
Thinking of flying

Postby TimJan » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:02 am

Hel manne, dankie vir julle insigte en insette.... alles insiggewend!

Ek sidder om te dink dat lede van die komitee hulle sou blootstel aan litigasie sou iets onaanvaarbaar gebeur :shock: Sekerlik dan die noodgedwonge reels volg - of hoe?
As die son sak oor die vlaktes
Versoet ons die belofte & warmte met
Brannies & Eish, ja, met Eish!
Wingover1
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby Wingover1 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:25 am

Excuse my ignorence, being stuck out here in the Bundus have advantages and disadvantages the biggest being not always aware of all thats going on in the Bright Lights. Can some one please explain to me what the issue is. What I can gather, is it has something to do with an event at Teddersfield. :roll:
ZU - ATE Windlass 503
ZU - CHG Aquilla 582
ZU - BAJ Bushbaby
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:56 am

Good morning all

I think a lot of the matters will be resolved shortly when the committee is to have a face to face meeting. I sincerely hope that a lot of positives will come out of that.

For those that have supported me (I sincerely appreciate it) and concerned that I would be lost to MISASA, don't fret yet. There will be clarity and this will no doubt be conveyed to the membership.

I will be quietly sorting out some commitments between MISASA and AEROCLUB in the interim.

JB
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
TimJan
Thinking of flying

Postby TimJan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:20 pm

Soos wat ek die manne hoor praat... hoop hulle jy bly aan as voorsitter John Boucher. Weet nie wat julle prosedures is nie maar dit klink soos 'n logiese oplossing (^^)

Sterkte aan die komitee om die probleme uit te stryk!
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby kloot piloot » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:14 pm

The silence from MISASA is really worrying and ominous. More than 700 people viewed this post, so I wrote a letter to them today, because it should not take weeks to send a simple clarifying press statement out to your paying following, or does it?
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:27 pm

Hi Kloot Piloot

I'm sure Rowena, who is acting at the moment will respond to your letter.... some of the committee are doing duty at AAD 2016.
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
TimJan
Thinking of flying

Postby TimJan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:50 pm

Die manne is erg stil... "Stilte voor die storm" miskien? :evil:
John.com
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Broederstroom (Magaliesberg) - home airstrip Aeroden

Postby John.com » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:46 pm

Bundy wrote:As an ordinary member these days I was disappointed by that e mail...

I do not believe given the responsibility of communicating with the Membership gives you Carte Blanche to say and do as you please?
You are welcome to have an opinion...perhaps even a negative one... but lashing out in your personal capacity whilst attaching "we" (MISASA) to your comments is irresponsible and undermines the entire Committee and by association the ARO as a whole?

What does it say about us as ordinary pilots when this is perceived as the message from our EXCO? How do we give creedence and support to those Committee members fighting for greater responsibility and Autonomy from the Regulators when we demonstrate this by giving all and sundry the middle finger to Rules? The same rules that everyone else has to adhere to by the way...?

There was a time when the Newsletter was part of my responsibility and I did not send out any official correspondence like this without first sharing it with the EXCO...
Not only is it just common courteousy...but it gives the EXCO the opportunity to comment and make sure that what is being said is in the best interests of the Organisation? Your personal opinion...may not be?

This matter is not about Tedderfield's failure as much as it is about some Committee members not playing a team sport...

I think it sad that we as members lose good leaders and imput because of this attitude...
I am in total agreement with you Alan. I just wish more members could have voiced their disapproval of the way 'Tedderfield Update #5' was handled.

Mine was in the form of a letter sent directly to Alan Mackenzie, 'Editor Unplugged', for which I have never had the courtesy of a reply. That letter is now with the acting chair, hopefully with commensurate action against the offending committee member.

In the light of this full-frontal and unsanctioned attack on CAA and RAASA by our 'Editor Unplugged', I had to question the sincerity of this opening statement (also by Alan MacKenzie, it would appear) on the MISASA Survey, which reads:

"Further to the above, MISASA is committeed to an outcome that sees pilot peer pressure as the driving force to compliance. It hopes that RAASA and the CAA will cross the floor and work with us to build a future where there is mutual respect and a joint drive to earn the support of pilots in exerting the peer pressure needed to command safe skies."

God forbid, but do we possibly have TWO Alan Mackenzies on the committee? Could you both please stand up . . . one of you needs to leave the house!
John Comley
ZU-BST (the Beautiful Seductive Temptress)
Magaliesberg, South Africa
Read my flying blog here . . . http://johncomley.blogspot.com/

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"
Duck Rogers
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Duck Rogers » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:19 pm

John.com wrote:God forbid, but do we possibly have TWO Alan Mackenzies on the committee? Could you both please stand up . . . one of you needs to leave the house!
Actually, both need to leave the house
The wrong person resigned!
Airspeed, altitude, or brains....you always need at least two
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby vernon11 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:17 pm

Actually, both need to leave the house
The wrong person resigned![/quote]

I don't think that remark is really called for. Alan has been good for Misasa.
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:30 am

Agree. Don't shoot the last volunteers. There's not enough perks to endure the hassles.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Air Hog
The Boss
The Boss
Location: Kroon Airfield, Home of Rosslyn Microflyers, Pretoria

Postby Air Hog » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:13 am

This dirty washing in public... Please sort this!

These committee members are doing a job in their own time, without any remuneration, a very unthankful job. In some cases, almost a fulltime job.
This is a difference in personalities clashing here.
Alan is doing a fantastic job with our magazine and news letters, always battling to get material BUT always produced!
I think John is doing a GREAT JOB as Chairman or was, as he resigned :shock:

Nobody can replace you both and, nobody wants to...

These members standing on the sideline, thinking they can do a better job, PLEASE BE AT THE NEXT COMMITEE SELECTION MEETING so that we can vote you in. TRUST ME, it's a shit job to keep everyone happy. Excuse my French!

Hi Brett - There, I have beat my DRUM.
Johan Welman - aka Air Hog
"The sky is not the limit... it is where the fun starts!!"