Holiday season flying

Matters of general interest
Thatchman
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Holiday season flying

Postby Thatchman » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:45 pm

Ok so in the interest in getting some discussion going, how about sharing any flying plans that you might have for the holiday season.

Our Company has been sold to a group that has a December year-end and being in the finance dept, that pretty much spoils much chance of leave for me. :(
But I will steal a few days here and there plus a few early mornings or late afternoons and will try to get in as much local flying as I can.
Parasitic Drag: A pilot who bums a ride and complains about the service.

ZU - forePLaY
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Holiday season flying

Postby Madman » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:13 am

The local flips are cool, if you looking for a spot, Bara always has the kitchen open as well as Carltonville as they are a skydiving club ##

Aviators Paradise also now has their kitchen open or if you just keen for a coke, always nice to visit Aunty Sue or Aeroden :mrgreen:

I carry a coke in my pannier and land at any random spot ##

(^^)
ZU-BVV "The Black and Yellow Beast"
"There's a party in the sky"
Wingover1
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby Wingover1 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:26 am

Hi Guys Iam booked for Ponta Du Oura from the 20th of November for 11 nights as soon as my son wrote his last exam. This will be my first time in Mozambique. Iam like a
little kid who can't wait for Christmas. My intentions are first to go and see what and how the flying possibilities are in Moz. I'll be Kayak fishing , snorkeling, Quadding and swimming with wild Dolphins. I have sent a pm to Mozfly regarding the red tape around trailering in and out of Moz. If anyone can give me advise on the do's and don't s of trailering and flying Moz, please let me know. If there is anybody that wants to join me the accommodation is dirt cheap before the main holiday rush. (^^)
ZU - ATE Windlass 503
ZU - CHG Aquilla 582
ZU - BAJ Bushbaby
Thatchman
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Thatchman » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:53 pm

Flying at the sea is the best. I don't know much about the red tape of flying in moz but just make sure your insurance is valid.
Parasitic Drag: A pilot who bums a ride and complains about the service.

ZU - forePLaY
Wingover1
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby Wingover1 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:40 pm

Thanx Thachman for the tip, yes chances of comming back to an empty house after a trip is very real. O now I'f got you, insurance on the trike you mean (just pulling your leg) Which insurance company will cover my trike in Moz though, without costing my whole vacation?
ZU - ATE Windlass 503
ZU - CHG Aquilla 582
ZU - BAJ Bushbaby