mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Re: AG NEE MANNE

Postby mulderpm » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:21 am

Blue Max wrote::shock:
Whats happening?
Why is the forum so dead.?
Stay loyal to Microlighters, I dont want to read about Microlights at three different places. (**)
I agree with Oom Polla. And FB is my bain :oops: :oops: :oops: I tried it and could not get away from it quick enough. SPAM!! and more SPAM!!!! It would not even let me delete my account immediately.

If FB has features which make it appealing and more convenient then they should be considered for microlighters. Maybe, the FB users should list these on this this tread and the microlighters developers can look at their feasibility for incorporation into this forum. We need a web based forum which serves a common interest, microlighting!

WhatsApp is perfect for smaller groups with a common, local, interest. Like organising fly-always/ins and airfield news. Its biggest advantage is that it is instantly visible on your smart phone which is usually close to you. No logging in to a web page and navigating to a thread. It can also be very irritating if used for irrelevant chit chats, drivel, as Ray Harley put it. If it becomes irritating, just put that group on silent, and the problem is mostly solved.

Owners of this forum, please upgrade it to be more user friendly, so that microlight pilot web surfers, will make it their forum of choice. s023
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:44 am

Well said Mulder =D*
ZU-BVV "The Black and Yellow Beast"
"There's a party in the sky"
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Dish » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:37 pm

Now that's an interesting statement. Who owns the forum? _ I believe that in its infancy, several years demon (Barry) donated, if not all, then a vast amount of money towards running it. A long lost (sadly) name from the past Dark Helmet, also contributed to running / financing and hosting it. Then. Tailspin I think has always had admin rights to it. Current Moderators are I think, me, Big D, Nico, John.com, John Boucher, Tailspin and a few of the Gyro folk...

Demon, I think, still finances some/most/all of it?? I think I'm correct in the above statements. Terribly sorry if I have got it wrong or neglected to mention someone.
RV9
DISH
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:30 pm

I think this forum still has its place as the main info station. For guys not on a pc I can see Facebook is more streamlined to your interests via your phone but has its drawbacks. People put so much k@k, likes, and then the adverts and recommended sites that you need to restrict each 'friend's input or you share their dog's Sunday bath.

I've made my name totti with Whatsupp by chirping without knowing who is on the topic, so don't resume its only your mates :oops: and then Fly away topics are highjacked trying to sell crap and my phone lets off the f$%&ing hooter every 2 minutes. :lol:

This forum couldn't possible work anywhere else, it just needs the members to stay in touch.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Cacofonix
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby Cacofonix » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:55 pm

Thanks Bundy
Man small...why fall?..Skies call...that's all.
ZU-EJU
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:20 am

Cacofonix wrote:Thanks Bundy
Someone beat me to it Caco....Peter Coskey kindly put it up for you on FB....but please give us a contact person for the RSVP's (if any)? :)

Not sure a "facelift" is really going to solve much guys? The simple fact is...if the forum is quiet it's because the members of this forum are collectively not posting enough to keep the interest levels high...It doesn't matter what the forum looks like, it will never have the instantaneous communication advantages of other platforms that people have slowly migrated to? You still have to login...and look...and participate.

Just on our "Microland thread" we clocked up over 160 pages of chit chat before the majority of the guys moved to a more convenient form of comms between themselves. As TW suggests...the forum remains the real sort of "central info station" and I don't think that will change. (^^)

Dish I think you are correct, Demon (who has sadly departed the forum) started it....and still owns it to my knowledge?....I do know that Misasa periodically offers financial assistance for its upkeep but I am not sure whether this is ongoing or not? I personally think Misasa should pay for it in its entirety as it's a vital cog in the sports health and benefits each and every member, but I do not know if this is the case?

Comms platforms have changed substantially over the last 10 years....It doesn't matter whether its a forum, or facebook....or Whatsapp, twitter or the good old fashioned "pick up your phone and call your buddies" .....a platform is just a platform. It's those who use it who determine how successful or unsuccessfully it functions in the end. :wink:

Some like small localized ones like Whatsapp, some prefer more open and wide spread ones like Microlighters or Face book....they all have their advantages and disadvantages...and if there's one thing I've learnt about pilots it's that they never ever all agree on something? Use whatever form of comms works for you guys....simple. (^^)
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:56 am

Morning peeps 015

For me Microlighters is a site where people all share one common interest...Aviation ##

I am on facebook, whatsapp, twitter and some other sites which are all the same, all have everything going on, you know what people had for breakfast, who bought what pair of this and that but it does not have the same satisfying feeling of browsing a site where it's meant for you, the pilot, the aviation enthusiast ##

If this is going to be a site just for technical questions then you might as well change the name to Microlight DIY "kom hier as jy klaar k@k aan gevang het"

This should be the first site you come to when you want to share your flying pics, adventures, many people on Microlighters are not on the other forums, so for them to come here and find nothing, is just plain boring **

Like Tumbleweed said, let us just stay in touch...you can talk about your wife's cookies on facebook, but tell us about your flying ^

Check this one out to get you going ##

This runway is shorter than most local airfields runways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWqJE4xQSck

Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport

The airport, named after the Aruban Minister Juancho Irausquin, has the shortest commercial runway in the world, only 396 meters (1,299 ft) long, flanked on one side by high hills, with cliffs that drop into the sea at both ends.[1]

Although the airport is closed to jet traffic, regional airline propeller aircraft are able to land there under waivers from The Netherlands Antilles' Civil Aviation Authority. The most common aircraft to land there are the Twin Otter and BN-2 Islander.

(^^)

s023
Attachments
Shortest.jpg
The shortest field Evaaaa!!!
Short.JPG
Short
Ssshort.JPG
Really short
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:11 pm

Madman wrote:For me Microlighters is a site where people all share one common interest...Aviation ##
That's it Raffiek...couldn't agree more....no dogs Sunday bath...or wife's cookie baking...talk here please. s023

A couple of years ago the "History Chanel" had a program called "Top 10 most Dangerous Airports". I unfortunately did not record it but it was fantastic:

The world's ten most extreme airports, according to the History Channel:

01 - Tenzing-Hillary Airport (LUA), aka Lukla Airport, Lukla, Nepal
02 - Toncontín International Airport (TGU), Tegucigalpa, Honduras
03 - Gibraltar Airport (GIB) aka North Front Airport, Gibraltar
04 - Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM), St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles
05 - Gustaf III Airport (SBH), aka St. Jean Airport, Saint Jean, Saint Barthélemy (Saint Barts)
06 - Kai Tak Airport (HKG), Hong Kong
07 - Courchevel Airport (CVF), Courchevel, France
08 - Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE), aka Vail/Eagle Airport, Gypsum, Colorado
09 - Madeira Airport (FNC), Funchal, Madeira, Portuguese archipelago
10 - San Diego International Airport (SAN) - aka Lindbergh Field, San Diego, CA.

Look them up on wikie pedia.

Wish I could get hold of a copy or they would repeat broadcast it.

Fly Safe (-)
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
NickSwardt
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby NickSwardt » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:17 pm

I also watched that program, was very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY4cGbhBmSs

I found this on youtube though, this is pretty mucha summary of that program.
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:10 pm

Someone mentioned something about attachments.

Interest can certainly be increased if there were more pictures posted by members. Maybe look at increasing the file size limit of pics?

As for video, it may be better to attach the video rather than the link to it. The Microlighters forum can do it. Here's Nick's link where you can play the video on the page:

youtu.be/
Plane-less
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

Postby Blue Max » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:24 am

vhpy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPGc3CKxDHk
Try die link. Dit cover die airports wat op daardie program gewys het.
Ek praat jou thaal...
Visit www.opencockpit.co.za to read about my Namibiee adventure...
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:41 am

Blue Max wrote:vhpy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPGc3CKxDHk
Try die link. Dit cover die airports wat op daardie program gewys het.
Jisss...nou dit lyk scary..Watching the aerie's front wheel bounce as he is trying to take off and just just making it off the runway before the cliff...insaaane ## ## ##
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

Postby Blue Max » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi-Jack Over.
I judge, from what I see on the forum, that D20 is the most 'Internet Technology advanced' amongst us.!??
Maybe it can be arranged that he give us a lesson as to how to how to use the forum in regards to, posting Videos, resizing of pics and other ways to maximize the use of the forum to the advantage of us all.
Fokkit ek sukkel met die Engels.!
Ek praat jou thaal...
Visit www.opencockpit.co.za to read about my Namibiee adventure...
TranSky
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby TranSky » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:55 pm

I used to far prefer Microlighters to Avcom. These days I know there is no movement on Micro and log into Avcom to pick up interesting stuff from around the world and country. I figure I will make an effort to post on microlighters and hope for a revival.
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:43 pm

Blue Max wrote:Hi-Jack Over.
I judge, from what I see on the forum, that D20 is the most 'Internet Technology advanced' amongst us.!??
Maybe it can be arranged that he give us a lesson as to how to how to use the forum in regards to, posting Videos, resizing of pics and other ways to maximize the use of the forum to the advantage of us all.
Fokkit ek sukkel met die Engels.!
I use a tool called PIXresizer: http://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/download its a free download ##

As for playing the videos direct from Microlighters, that is awesome D2O =D*

Lol..Oom se engels is shap :mrgreen:

s023